AudioBook : Zeitoun. Download
Author of this audiobook is Dave Eggers. Publisher is Recorded Books. This audio book is Narrated by Firdous Bamji. This was released on 31-AUG-2009. Duration of this Audio Book is 10 hours 24 minutes .. This is unabridged. Rating : 4.19/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : In his new nonfiction book Zeitoun, New York Times best-selling author Dave Eggers tells a Hurricane Katrina story unlike any written before. When HurricaneKatrina struck New Orleans, Abdulrahman Zeitoun - a prosperous Syrian-American and father of four - chose to stay through the storm to protect his house and contracting business. In the eerie days after the storm, he traveled the flooded streets in a secondhand canoe, passing on supplies and rescuing those he could. A week later, on September 6, 2005, Zeitoun abruptly disappeared. Eggers's riveting work, three years in the making, follows Zeitoun back to his childhood in Syria and around the world during his years as a sailor. The book also traces the story of Zeitoun's wife Kathy - a boisterous Southerner who converted to Islam - and their wonderful, funny, devoted family. When Zeitoun vanishes, Kathy is left to make sense of the surreal atmosphere (in New Orleans and the United States generally) in which what happened to Abdulrahman Zeitoun was possible. Read more Keywords : Hurricane Katrina Asin : B002V57RS0
1) Battle Cry of Freedom: Volume 1 (Unabridged)
20 hour 0 minutes
2) A Terrible Glory: Custer and the Little Bighorn (Unabridged)
15 hours 50 minutes .
3) Comrades: Brothers, Fathers, Sons, Pals
Stephen E. Ambrose
3 hours 8 minutes .
4) The Life, Crime and Capture of John Wilkes Booth (Unabridged)
George Alfred Townsend
4 hours 34 minutes .
5) Crossroads to Freedom: Antietam (Unabridged)
James M. McPherson
5 hours 51 minutes .
6) New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery, and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan
7 hour 35 minutes
7) Pearl Harbor: FDR Leads the Nation into War (Unabridged)
Steven M. Gillon
6 hours 40 minutes .
8) John Adams
9 hour 0 minutes
9) The Band Played Dixie: Race and the Liberal Conscience at Ole Miss (Unabridged)
12 hours and 17 minutes .
10) Great Time Coming: The Life of Jackie Robinson from Baseball to Birmingham (Unabridged)
15 hours and 6 minutes .
11) Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis (Unabridged)
Robert F. Kennedy
4 hour 24 minutes
12) The Manly Art: Bare-Knuckle Prize Fighting in America (Unabridged)
Elliott J. Gorn
9 hours and 43 minutes .
13) The Heathen School: A Story of Hope and Betrayal in the Age of the Early Republic (Unabridged)
11 hours and 31 minutes .
14) The McLaurys in Tombstone, Arizona: An O.K. Corral Obituary, A. C. Greene Series (Unabridged)
Paul Lee Johnson
11 hours and 2 minutes .
15) American Reckoning: The Vietnam War and Our National Identity (Unabridged)
Christian G. Appy
14 hour 31 minutes
Link : HTML :