FREE. AudioBook : The Todd Glass Situation: A Bunch of Lies about My Personal Life and a Bunch of True Stories about My 30-Year Career in Standup Comedy. Download
Author of this audiobook is Todd Glass, Jonathan Grotenstein. Publisher is Audible Studios. This audio book is Narrated by Oliver Wyman. This was released on 02-JUN-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 6 hour 5 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : A hilarious, poignant memoir from comedian Todd Glass about his decision at age forty-eight to finally live openly as a gay man - and the reactions and support from his comedy pals, from Louis CK to Sarah Silverman. Growing up in a Philadelphia suburb in the 1970s was an easy life. Well, easy as long as you didn't have dyslexia or ADD, or were a Jew. And once you added gay into the mix, life became more difficult. So Todd Glass decided to hide the gay part, no matter how comic, tragic, or comically tragic the results. It might have been a lot easier had he chosen a profession other than stand-up comedy. By age eighteen, Todd was opening for big musical acts like George Jones and Patti LaBelle. His career carried him through the Los Angeles comedy heyday in the 1980s, its decline in the 1990s, and its rebirth via the alternative comedy scene and the explosion in podcasting. But the harder he worked at his craft, the more difficult it became to manage his "situation." There were the years of abstinence and half-hearted attempts to "cure" himself. The fake girlfriends so that he could tell relationship jokes onstage. The staged sexual encounters to burnish his reputation offstage. It took a brush with death to cause him to rethink the way he was living his life; a rash of suicides among gay teens to convince him that it was finally time to come out to the world. Now, Todd has written an open, honest, and hilarious memoir in an effort to help everyone - young and old, gay and straight - breathe a little more freely. Peppered with anecdotes from his life among comedy's greatest headliners and tales of the occasionally insane lengths Todd went through to keep a secret that - let's face it - he probably didn't have to keep for as long as he did, The Todd Glass Situation is a front-row seat to the last thirty plus years of comedy history and a deeply personal story about one man's search for acceptance. Read more Asin : B00KPYHZ36
1) My Week with Marilyn and The Prince, The Show Girl and Me (Unabridged)
10 hour 3 minutes
2) Iggy Pop: Open Up and Bleed (Unabridged)
14 hours 38 minutes .
3) Opening Day: The Story of Jackie Robinsons First Season (Unabridged)
12 hours 6 minutes .
4) High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly (Unabridged)
9 hours 49 minutes .
5) A Passion for Life: The Biography of Elizabeth Taylor (Unabridged)
12 hours 27 minutes .
6) Jackie as Editor: The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (Unabridged)
13 hours 28 minutes .
7) The Ballad of Bob Dylan: A Portrait (Unabridged)
Daniel Mark Epstein
15 hour 29 minutes
8) Kate Remembered (Unabridged)
A. Scott Berg
10 hours 2 minutes .
9) Come to the Edge: A Memoir (Unabridged)
9 hours 36 minutes .
10) Bright Lights, Dark Shadows: The Real Story of Abba (Unabridged)
Carl Magnus Palm
26 hour 8 minutes
11) Dorothy Parker (Unabridged)
17 hours 22 minutes .
12) Memoir: The KaBoom Generation (2009): Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
Mike Farrell, Danny Goldberg
1 hour 2 minutes .
13) A Journey We Did Not Want to Take (Unabridged)
1 hour 11 minutes .
14) Leslie Nielsens The Naked Truth
1 hour 29 minutes .
15) They Made a Monkee Out of Me: The Only Authorized Story
2 hours 55 minutes .
16) Maybe Im Amazed: The Paul McCartney Story (Unabridged)
1 hour 22 minutes .
17) I Think Im Outta Here: A Memoir of All My Families
3 hours 3 minutes .
18) Martha Inc.: The Incredible Story of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (Unabridged)
3 hours 33 minutes .
19) The Doors: A Lifetime of Listening to Five Mean Years (Unabridged)
4 hours 45 minutes .
20) Paul McCartney
3 hours 59 minutes .
21) Dish: The Inside Story on the World of Gossip
3 hours 18 minutes .
22) Somebody to Love?
3 hour 0 minutes
23) The Men We Became: My Friendship with John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Robert T. Littell
5 hours 22 minutes .
24) An Affair to Remember
3 hours 6 minutes .
25) There Are Worse Things I Could Do (Unabridged)
7 hours 18 minutes .
26) Helen Hayes: My Life in Three Acts (Unabridged)
Helen Hayes and Katherine Hatch
7 hours 50 minutes .
27) The Man Called Cash: The Life, Love, and Faith of an American Legend
3 hours 21 minutes .
28) Heart Full of Soul
2 hours 32 minutes .
29) Fantastic: The Life of Arnold Schwarzenegger
8 hours 4 minutes .
30) From This Moment On
7 hours 24 minutes .
31) A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages (Unabridged)
6 hours 52 minutes .
32) Life with My Sister Madonna
Christopher Ciccone, Wendy Leigh
5 hours 3 minutes .
33) William and Harry (Unabridged)
8 hours 15 minutes .
34) Lady Gaga: Queen of Pop (Unabridged)
6 hours 34 minutes .
35) Anything Goes
2 hours 9 minutes .
36) I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down (Unabridged)
4 hour 42 minutes
37) Both of Us: My Life with Farrah (Unabridged)
Ryan O'Neal, Jodee Blanco, Kent Carroll
6 hours 39 minutes .
38) The Leading Lady: Dinahs Story (Unabridged)
Betty White, Tom Sullivan
6 hours 29 minutes .
39) Access All Areas - Deep Purple (Unabridged)
3 hours 4 minutes .
40) Bruce (Unabridged)
Peter A. Carlin
18 hours 1 minutes .
41) Careless Love: The Unmaking of Elvis Presley (Unabridged)
31 hour 6 minutes
42) Vanity Fair: March 2014: The 20th Annual Hollywood Issue
6 hours and 48 minutes .
43) Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian (Unabridged)
6 hours and 45 minutes .
44) James Gandolfini: The Real Life of the Man Who Made Tony Soprano (Unabridged)
6 hour 5 minutes
45) Stephen Curry: The Inspiring Story of One of Basketballs Sharpest Shooters (Unabridged)
47 minutes .
46) Hope: Entertainer of the Century (Unabridged)
17 hour 47 minutes
47) Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind (Unabridged)
2 hours and 49 minutes .
48) Brief Encounters: Conversations, Magic Moments, and Assorted Hijinks (Unabridged)
8 hour 9 minutes
49) Vanity Fair: March 2015 Issue (Unabridged)
5 hours and 31 minutes .
50) Vanity Fair: April 2015 Issue (Unabridged)
4 hours and 59 minutes .
Link : HTML :