FREE. AudioBook : Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed. Download
Author of this audiobook is Henry Cooper. Publisher is Audible Studios. This audio book is Narrated by J. Paul Guimont. This was released on 26-NOV-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 5 hours and 2 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Houston, we've had a problem here. On the evening of April 13, 1970, the three astronauts aboard Apollo 13 were just hours from the third lunar landing in history. But as they soared through space, two hundred thousand miles from earth, an explosion badly damaged their spacecraft. With compromised engines and failing life-support systems, the crew was in incomparably grave danger. Faced with below-freezing temperatures, a seriously ill crew member, and a dwindling water supply, a safe return seemed unlikely. Thirteen is the shocking, miraculous, and entirely true story of how the astronauts and ground crew guided Apollo 13 to a safe landing on earth. Expanding on dispatches written for the New Yorker, Henry S. F. Cooper Jr. brings listeners unparalleled detail on the moment-by-moment developments of one of NASA's most dramatic missions. Read more Asin : B00Q5I1PUA
1) Pox: An American History (Unabridged)
14 hours 12 minutes .
2) The Lions of Iwo Jima: The Story of Combat Team 28 and the Bloodiest Battle in Marine Corps History (Unabridged)
Major General Fred Haynes, James A. Warren
9 hours 9 minutes .
3) The Hellhound of Wall Street: How Ferdinand Pecoras Investigation of the Great Crash Forever Changed American Finance (Unabridged)
14 hours 34 minutes .
4) The Poisoners Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York (Unabridged)
9 hour 17 minutes
5) The Third Reich in Power (Unabridged)
Richard J. Evans
31 hours 57 minutes .
6) Europe Since 1815, Volume 2: Imperialism and Militarism (Unabridged)
Mitchell Garrett and James Godfrey
12 hours 44 minutes .
7) Blekingegadebanden 1 [The Blekinge Street Gang 1]: Den danske celle (Unabridged)
Peter ?vig Knudsen
14 hours 33 minutes .
8) The Remains of Company D: A Story of the Great War (Unabridged)
James Carl Nelson
13 hours 41 minutes .
9) Life and Death in the Third Reich (Unabridged)
10 hour 38 minutes
10) They Called Themselves the KKK (Unabridged)
Susan Campbell Bartoletti
4 hours 26 minutes .
11) The Concise King
Martin Luther King, Clayborne Carson (editor)
2 hours 22 minutes .
12) Charlatan: Americas Most Dangerous Huckster, the Man Who Pursued Him and the Age of Flimflam (Unabridged)
8 hours 41 minutes .
13) The Modern Scholar: Six Months That Changed the World: The Paris Peace Conference of 1919
Dr. Margaret MacMillan
7 hours 35 minutes .
14) Wilbur and Orville Wright (Dramatised): Explorers and Pioneers, Volume Three
15) General Douglas A MacArthurs Speech To Congress (Unabridged)
16) Historic Voices VI: Recollections
17) Forgotten Voices of the Falklands: Part Two, Fighting for the Falklands
3 hour 50 minutes
18) 1918: A Very British Victory
6 hours 24 minutes .
19) Cultural Amnesia: Necessary Memories from History and the Arts
6 hours 20 minutes .
20) Alistair Cooke: The Essential Letters from America: The 1990s
4 hours 54 minutes .
21) The King of Vodka: The Story of Pyotr Smirnov and the Upheaval of an Empire (Unabridged)
12 hour 21 minutes
22) A Rose for Reuben: Stories of Hope from the Holocaust (Unabridged)
3 hours 19 minutes .
23) Engines of Change: A History of the American Dream in Fifteen Cars (Unabridged)
11 hours 56 minutes .
24) Twelve Desperate Miles: The Epic World War II Voyage of the SS Contessa (Unabridged)
9 hours 48 minutes .
25) Superman: The High-Flying History of Americas Most Enduring Hero (Unabridged)
13 hours 14 minutes .
26) In Defense of Internment: The Case for Racial Profiling in World War II and the War on Terror (Unabridged)
6 hours 56 minutes .
27) A Diamond on the Wall (Unabridged)
Lawrence T. Vosen
5 hours 20 minutes .
28) Coming of Age in Mississippi (Unabridged)
15 hour 30 minutes
29) The Union of their Dreams: Power, Hope, and Struggle in Cesar Chavezs Farm Worker Movement (Unabridged)
14 hours and 25 minutes .
30) Destiny Betrayed, Second Edition: JFK, Cuba, and the Garrison Case (Unabridged)
23 hour 6 minutes
31) Saving Italy (Unabridged)
23 hour 14 minutes
32) A History of Hitlers Empire, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
6 hour 26 minutes
33) Berlin on the Brink: The Blockade, the Airlift, and the Early Cold War (Unabridged)
Daniel F. Harrington
14 hour 47 minutes
34) The March on Washington: Jobs, Freedom, and the Forgotten History of Civil Rights (Unabridged)
William P. Jones
9 hour 30 minutes
35) The Concise History of WW1 (Unabridged)
1 hour 9 minutes
36) The Heavens Are Empty: Discovering the Lost Town of Trochenbrod (Unabridged)
5 hour 14 minutes
37) The Kennedy Half Century: The Presidency, Assassination, and Lasting Legacy of John F. Kennedy (Unabridged)
Larry J. Sabato
24 hours and 19 minutes .
38) CIA Rogues and the Killing of the Kennedys: How and Why US Agents Conspired to Assassinate JFK and RFK (Unabridged)
Patrick Nolan, Dr. Henry C. Lee (foreword)
14 hour 17 minutes
39) Then They Started Shooting: Children of the Bosnian War and the Adults They Become (Unabridged)
12 hours and 54 minutes .
40) Unspeakable: The Story of Junius Wilson (Unabridged)
Susan Burch, Hannah Joyner
10 hours and 22 minutes .
41) To Marry an English Lord (Unabridged)
Gail MacColl, Carol McD. Wallace
9 hours and 12 minutes .
42) Ian Flemings Commandos: The Story of the Legendary 30 Assault Unit (Unabridged)
15 hours and 2 minutes .
43) Breve historia de la Primera Guerra Mundial (Unabridged)
9 hours and 18 minutes .
44) Who Really Killed Kennedy?: 50 Years Later: Stunning New Revelations about the JFK Assassination (Unabridged)
Jerome R. Corsi
13 hours and 10 minutes .
45) Storied Independent Automakers: Nash, Hudson, and American Motors (Unabridged)
Charles K. Hyde
10 hours and 4 minutes .
46) The Mountain Meadows Massacre (Unabridged)
6 hours and 57 minutes .
47) Nick and Viola: A Kentucky Family Tragedy in the Tobacco Wars (1904-1911) (Unabridged)
Laura Muntz Derr
4 hour 43 minutes
48) Skyscraper: The Politics and Power of Building New York City in the Twentieth Century (Unabridged)
6 hour 52 minutes
49) Service Games: The Rise and Fall of SEGA: Enhanced Edition (Unabridged)
17 hours and 18 minutes .
50) Hip to the Trip: A Cultural History of Route 66 (Unabridged)
Peter B. Dedek
5 hours and 53 minutes .
Link : HTML :