FREE. AudioBook : The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet. Download
Author of this audiobook is Robert M. Hazen. Publisher is Gildan Media, LLC. This audio book is Narrated by Walter Dixon. This was released on 23-JUN-2012. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hours 56 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Earth evolves. From first atom to molecule, mineral to magma, granite crust to single cell to verdant living landscape, ours is a planet constantly in flux. In this radical new approach to Earth's biography, senior Carnegie Institution researcher and national best-selling author Robert M. Hazen reveals how the co-evolution of the geosphere and biosphere - of rocks and living matter - has shaped our planet into the only one of its kind in the Solar System, if not the entire cosmos. With an astrobiologist's imagination, a historian's perspective, and a naturalist's passion for the ground beneath our feet, Hazen explains how changes on an atomic level translate into dramatic shifts in Earth's makeup over its 4.567 billion year existence. He calls upon a flurry of recent discoveries to portray our planet's many iterations in vivid detail - from its fast-rotating infancy when the Sun rose every 5 hours and the Moon filled 250 times more sky than it does now, to its sea-bathed youth, before the first continents arose; from the Great Oxidation Event that turned the land red, to the globe-altering volcanism that may have been the true killer of the dinosaurs. Through Hazen's theory of "co-evolution," we learn how reactions between organic molecules and rock crystals may have generated Earth's first organisms, which in turn are responsible for more than two-thirds of the mineral varieties on the planet - thousands of different kinds of crystals that could not exist in a nonliving world. The Story of Earth is also the story of the pioneering men and women behind the sciences. Listeners will meet black-market meteorite hawkers of the Sahara Desert, the gun-toting Feds who guarded the Apollo missions' lunar dust, and the World War II Navy officer whose super-pressurized "bomb" - recycled from military hardware - first simulated the molten rock of Earth's mantle. As a mentor to a new generation of scientists, Hazen introduce... Read more Asin : B008DF9KY6
1) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
2) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
3) The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations behind the 2012 Prophecies (Unabridged)
19 hours 26 minutes .
4) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
5) Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing Hoax (Unabridged)
9 hours 39 minutes .
6) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
7) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
8) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
9) Secret Lives of Stars: Scientific American Special Edition
2 hours 14 minutes .
10) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
11) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
12) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
13) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
14) How the Universe Got Its Spots: Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
15) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
16) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
17) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
18) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
19) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
20) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
21) Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe (Unabridged)
7 hours 27 minutes .
22) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
23) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
24) Cosmic Quest (Unabridged)
6 hours 47 minutes .
25) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
26) Trailblazing Mars: NASAs Next Giant Leap (Unabridged)
7 hours 23 minutes .
27) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
28) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
29) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
30) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
31) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
32) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
33) How Old Is the Universe? (Unabridged)
David A. Weintraub
10 hour 37 minutes
34) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
35) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
36) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
37) Einsteins Cosmos: How Albert Einsteins Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time: Great Discoveries (Unabridged)
6 hours and 30 minutes .
38) Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
12 hour 20 minutes
39) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
40) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
41) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
42) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
43) Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe (Unabridged)
8 hours and 51 minutes .
44) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
45) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
46) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
47) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
48) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission (Unabridged)
7 hours and 44 minutes .
Link : HTML :