FREE. AudioBook : The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet. Download
The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Robert M. Hazen. Publisher is Gildan Media, LLC. This audio book is Narrated by Walter Dixon. This was released on 23-JUN-2012. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hours 56 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Earth evolves. From first atom to molecule, mineral to magma, granite crust to single cell to verdant living landscape, ours is a planet constantly in flux. In this radical new approach to Earth's biography, senior Carnegie Institution researcher and national best-selling author Robert M. Hazen reveals how the co-evolution of the geosphere and biosphere - of rocks and living matter - has shaped our planet into the only one of its kind in the Solar System, if not the entire cosmos. With an astrobiologist's imagination, a historian's perspective, and a naturalist's passion for the ground beneath our feet, Hazen explains how changes on an atomic level translate into dramatic shifts in Earth's makeup over its 4.567 billion year existence. He calls upon a flurry of recent discoveries to portray our planet's many iterations in vivid detail - from its fast-rotating infancy when the Sun rose every 5 hours and the Moon filled 250 times more sky than it does now, to its sea-bathed youth, before the first continents arose; from the Great Oxidation Event that turned the land red, to the globe-altering volcanism that may have been the true killer of the dinosaurs. Through Hazen's theory of "co-evolution," we learn how reactions between organic molecules and rock crystals may have generated Earth's first organisms, which in turn are responsible for more than two-thirds of the mineral varieties on the planet - thousands of different kinds of crystals that could not exist in a nonliving world. The Story of Earth is also the story of the pioneering men and women behind the sciences. Listeners will meet black-market meteorite hawkers of the Sahara Desert, the gun-toting Feds who guarded the Apollo missions' lunar dust, and the World War II Navy officer whose super-pressurized "bomb" - recycled from military hardware - first simulated the molten rock of Earth's mantle. As a mentor to a new generation of scientists, Hazen introduce... Read more Asin : B008DF9KY6
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
4) Science Matters: Achieving Science Literacy (Unabridged)
James Trefil, Robert M. Hazen
11 hours 20 minutes .
5) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
6) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
7) How the Universe Got Its Spots: Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
8) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
9) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
10) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
11) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
12) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
13) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
14) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
15) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
16) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
17) Journey of the Universe (Unabridged)
Brian Thomas Swimme, Mary Evelyn Tucker
2 hours 48 minutes .
18) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
19) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
20) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
21) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
22) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
23) Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond (Unabridged)
9 hour 19 minutes
24) The Modern Scholar: Lore of the Stars: The Mythological Narrative of the Night Sky
Professor Timothy B. Shutt
4 hours and 19 minutes .
25) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
26) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
27) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
28) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
29) Mars Rover Curiosity: An Inside Account from Curiositys Chief Engineer (Unabridged)
Rob Manning, William L. Simon
7 hours and 43 minutes .
30) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
Link : HTML :