AudioBook : Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work. Download
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Matthew B. Crawford. Publisher is Brilliance Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Max Bloomquist. This was released on 26-MAY-2009. Duration of this Audio Book is 6 hours 42 minutes .. This is unabridged. Rating : 3.69/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Shop Class as Soulcraft brings alive an experience that was once quite common but now seems to be receding from society - the experience of making and fixing things with our hands. Those of us who sit in an office often feel a lack of connection to the material world, a sense of loss, and find it difficult to say exactly what we do all day. For those who felt hustled off to college, then to the cubicle, against their own inclinations and natural bents, Shop Class as Soulcraft seeks to restore the honor of the manual trades as a life worth choosing.On both economic and psychological grounds, Crawford questions the educational imperative of turning everyone into a "knowledge worker", based on a misguided separation of thinking from doing, the work of the hand from that of the mind. Crawford shows us how such a partition, which began a century ago with the assembly line, degrades work for those on both sides of the divide. But Crawford offers good news as well: The manual trades are very different from the assembly line and from dumbed-down white collar work as well. They require careful thinking and are punctuated by moments of genuine pleasure. Based on his own experience as an electrician and mechanic, Crawford makes a case for the intrinsic satisfactions and cognitive challenges of manual work. The work of builders and mechanics is secure; it cannot be outsourced, and it cannot be made obsolete. Such work ties us to the local communities in which we live and instills the pride that comes from doing work that is genuinely useful. A wholly original debut, Shop Class as Soulcraft offers a passionate call for self-reliance and a moving reflection on how we can live concretely in an ever more abstract world. Read more Keywords : DavidChasey Asin : B002V5GMEA
1) Mutual Fundamentals (Unabridged)
38 minutes .
2) The One Minute Negotiator: Simple Steps to Reach Better Agreements (Unabridged)
Don Hutson, George Lucas
2 hours 18 minutes .
3) Grassroots Philanthropy: Field Notes of a Maverick Grantmaker (Unabridged)
Bill Somerville, Fred Setterberg
4 hours 9 minutes .
4) Youre in Charge, Now What?: The 8 Point Plan
Thomas Neff and James Citrin
5 hours 47 minutes .
5) The Method Method: Seven Obsessions That Helped Our Scrappy Start-up Turn an Industry Upside Down (Unabridged)
Eric Ryan, Adam Lowry with Lucas Conley
8 hours 14 minutes .
6) It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership (Unabridged)
7 hours 41 minutes .
7) Getting Started in Mutual Funds (Unabridged)
Alvin D. Hall
6 hours 46 minutes .
9) The Innovative Team: Unleashing Creative Potential for Breakthrough Results (Unabridged)
Chris Grivas, Gerard Puccio
4 hours 54 minutes .
10) Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity (Unabridged)
6 hours and 20 minutes .
11) JOBS - Who Gets Hired (Unabridged)
Don Curtis, JJ Monte
1 hour and 56 minutes .
12) What Happened to Goldman Sachs: An Insiders Story of Organizational Drift and Its Unintended Consequences (Unabridged)
Steven G. Mandis
10 hours and 53 minutes .
14) Ich habe keine Lsung, aber ich bewundere das Problem: Provokatives Coaching fr den Berufsalltag
3 hour 58 minutes
15) Motivierende Fhrung
1 hour 15 minutes
Link : HTML :