FREE. AudioBook : Its Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy. Download
Its Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy
Author of this audiobook is D. Michael Abrashoff. Publisher is Hachette Audio. This audio book is Narrated by D. Michael Abrashoff. This was released on 03-JAN-2006. Duration of this Audio Book is 2 hours 55 minutes .. This is abridged. ISBN is 9781594831966.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The story of Captain D. Michael Abrashoff and his command of U.S.S. Benfold has become legendary inside and outside the Navy. Now Abrashoff offers this fascinating tale of top-down change for anyone trying to navigate today's uncertain business seas.When Captain Abrashoff took over as commander of U.S.S. Benfold, a ship armed with every cutting-edge system available, it was like a business that had all the latest technology but only some of the productivity. Knowing that responsibility for improving performance rested with him, he realized he had to improve his own leadership skills before he could improve his ship. Within months he created a crew of confident and inspired problem-solvers eager to take the initiative and take responsibility for their actions. The slogan on board became "It's your ship" and Benfold was soon recognized far and wide as a model of naval efficiency.How did Abrashoff do it? Against the backdrop of today's United States Navy, Benfold was a key player in our Persian Gulf fleet, Abrashoff shares his secrets of successful management including: See the ship through the eyes of the crew. By soliciting a sailor's suggestions, Abrashoff drastically reduced tedious chores that provided little additional value. Communicate, communicate, communicate. The more Abrashoff communicated the plan, the better the crew's performance. His crew would eventually call him "Megaphone Mike", since they heard from him so often. Listen aggressively. After learning that many sailors wanted to use the GI Bill, Abrashoff brought a test official aboard the ship and held the SATs 40 miles off the Iraqi coast.From achieving amazing cost savings to winning the highest gunnery score in the Pacific Fleet, Captain Abrashoff's extraordinary campaign sent shock waves through the U.S. Navy. It can help you change the course of your ship, no matter where your business battles are fought. Read more Keywords : leadership, command, morale, efficiency, productivity, Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy, USS Benfold Asin : B002V5BB7I
1) Long Fuse, Big Bang: Achieving Long-Term Success Through Daily Victories (Unabridged)
11 hours 25 minutes .
2) The Leadership Pipeline 2E: How to Build the Leadership Powered Company (Unabridged)
Ram Charan, Stephen Drotter, James Noel
9 hours 49 minutes .
3) Jack: Straight from the Gut (Unabridged)
Jack Welch with John A. Byrne
4) The Leadership Challenge, 4th Edition (Unabridged)
James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
11 hours 34 minutes .
5) The Age of Change - Leading in the New Normal: The 30-Minute New Breed of Leader-Change Success Series
Sheila Murray Bethel
28 minutes .
6) Michael E. Gerber - Worlds #1 Small Business Guru Talks About Passion: Conversations with the Best Entrepreneurs on the Planet
Michael E. Gerber
1 hour 7 minutes .
7) Jack Canfield - Americas #1 Success Coach: Conversations With The Best Entrepreneurs On The Planet
44 minutes .
8) The Four Fiscal Controls Every CEO Should Embrace: ExecBlueprint (Unabridged)
Daryl D. Dulaney, Rob McGrath, Manuel J. Perez de la Mesa, Scott M. F. Buchart
49 minutes .
9) The Power of Authentic Inspiration and Praise (Unabridged)
Change Masters Leadership Communications Success Series
13 minutes .
10) The New York Times Pocket MBA: The Board of Directors (Unabridged)
Marianne Jennings, J.D.
1 hour 48 minutes .
11) Master Leaders (Unabridged)
Geroge Barna, Bill Dallas
7 hours 1 minutes .
12) Seven Secrets of Inspired Leaders: How to Achieve the Extraordinary...by the Leaders that Have Been There and Done It (Unabridged)
Phil Dourado, Phil Blackburn
6 hours 54 minutes .
13) Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business (Unabridged)
David Sitemen Garland
5 hours 59 minutes .
14) Cracking the Corporate Code: The Revealing Success Stories of 32 African American Executives (Unabridged)
Price M. Cobbs, Judith L. Turnock
8 hours 25 minutes .
15) Your Next Move: The Leaders Guide to Successfully Navigating Major Career Transitions (Unabridged)
6 hours 8 minutes .
16) Three Leadership Secrets Revealed: 3 Success Methods to Motivate People to Action
34 minutes .
17) LEAD . . . For Gods Sake!: A parable for finding the heart of leadership (Unabridged)
Todd G. Gongwer
7 hours 1 minutes .
18) Heroic Leadership: Leading with Integrity and Honor (Unabridged)
William A. Cohen
7 hours 26 minutes .
19) Why Is My Coworker So Crazy?: A Little Book About Lack of Cooperation in the Workplace (Unabridged)
Vito J. Pandolfo
3 hours 52 minutes .
20) The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking (Unabridged)
5 hours 23 minutes .
21) Do Nothing!: How to Stop Overmanaging and Become a Great Leader (Unabridged)
J. Keith Murnighan
6 hours 28 minutes .
22) Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with Their Challenges, 2nd Edition (Unabridged)
Mary Beth A. O' Neill
9 hours 12 minutes .
23) A View from the Top
6 hours and 47 minutes .
24) Stewardship: Choosing Service over Self-Interest
8 hours and 42 minutes .
25) The Diary of a West Point Cadet: Captivating and Hilarious Stories for Developing the Leader Within You (Unabridged)
Preston George Pysh
5 hours and 46 minutes .
26) The Wawa Way: How a Funny Name and Six Core Values Revolutionized Convenience (Unabridged)
Bob Andelman, Howard Stoeckel
6 hours and 12 minutes .
27) Managing Employee Performance (Unabridged)
43 minutes .
28) Scrum (Unabridged)
6 hours and 43 minutes .
29) Cash Plan: Different Ways You Can Join the Ranks of Internet Business Owner (Unabridged)
1 hour and 47 minutes .
30) Lead Like It Matters... Because It Does: Practical Leadership Tools to Inspire and Engage Your People and Create Great Results (Unabridged)
Roxi Bahar Hewertson
7 hours and 59 minutes .
Link : HTML :