AudioBook : The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains. Download
Author of this audiobook is Nicholas Carr. Publisher is Blackstone Audio, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Paul Michael Garcia. This was released on 10-JUN-2010. Duration of this Audio Book is 10 hours 5 minutes .. This is unabridged. Rating : 4.4/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The best-selling author of The Big Switch returns with an explosive look at technology's effect on the mind."Is Google making us stupid?" When Nicholas Carr posed that question in an Atlantic Monthly cover story, he tapped into a well of anxiety about how the Internet is changing us. He also crystallized one of the most important debates of our time: as we enjoy the Internet's bounties, are we sacrificing our ability to read and think deeply?Now, Carr expands his argument into the most compelling exploration yet published of the Internet's intellectual and cultural consequences. Weaving insights from philosophy, neuroscience, and history into a rich narrative, The Shallows explains how the Internet is rerouting our neural pathways, replacing the subtle mind of the book reader with the distracted mind of the screen watcher. A gripping story of human transformation played out against a backdrop of technological upheaval, The Shallows will forever alter the way we think about media and our minds. Read more Asin : B003QAP77M
1) The Time of Their Lives: The Golden Age of Great American Book Publishers, Their Editors, and Authors (Unabridged)
13 hours 32 minutes .
2) Faster: The Acceleration of Just About Everything
5 hours 10 minutes .
3) Digital Barbarism: A Writers Manifesto (Unabridged)
8 hours 58 minutes .
4) Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960 - 2010 (Unabridged)
12 hour 28 minutes
5) A Mindful Nation: How a Simple Practice Can Help Us Reduce Stress, Improve Performance, and Recapture the American Spirit (Unabridged)
Congressman Tim Ryan
5 hours 15 minutes .
6) On Looking: Eleven Walks with Expert Eyes (Unabridged)
8 hour 56 minutes
7) Democracy and Social Ethics (Unabridged)
4 hours and 42 minutes .
8) The Polar Bear in the Zoo (Unabridged)
4 hours and 10 minutes .
9) Drinking Diaries: Women Serve Their Stories Straight Up (Unabridged)
Leah Odze Epstein (editor), Caren Osten Gerszberg
7 hours and 20 minutes .
10) Gay Straight and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation (Unabridged)
8 hours and 1 minutes .
11) Jasmine and Stars: Reading More than Lolita in Tehran (Unabridged)
9 hour 36 minutes
12) Cities Are Good for You: The Genius of the Metropolis (Unabridged)
13 hours and 32 minutes .
13) Enchanted Objects: Design, Human Desire, and the Internet of Things (Unabridged)
7 hour 41 minutes
14) Inventing Baby Food: Taste, Health, and the Industrialization of the American Diet (Unabridged)
7 hours and 49 minutes .
15) The Doorway of Freemasonry and The Masons Apron: Foundations of Freemasonry Series (Unabridged)
Link : HTML :