FREE. AudioBook : Power Ambition Glory: The Stunning Parallels Between Great Leaders of the Ancient World and Today...and the Lessons You Can Learn. Download
Power Ambition Glory: The Stunning Parallels Between Great Leaders of the Ancient World and Today...and the Lessons You Can Learn (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Steve Forbes, John Prevas. Publisher is Tantor Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Alan Sklar. This was released on 09-JUL-2009. Duration of this Audio Book is 12 hours 49 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Based on an extraordinary collaboration between Steve Forbes, chairman, CEO, and editor in chief of Forbes Media, and classics professor John Prevas, Power Ambition Glory provides intriguing comparisons between six great leaders of the ancient world and contemporary business leaders. Great leaders not only have vision but know how to build structures to effect it. Cyrus the Great did so in creating an empire based on tolerance and inclusion, an approach highly unusual for his or any age. Jack Welch and John Chambers built their business empires using a similar approach, and like Cyrus, they remain the exceptions rather than the rule. Great leaders know how to build consensus and motivate by doing what is right rather than what is in their self-interest. Xenophon put personal gain aside to lead his fellow Greeks out of a perilous situation in Persia---something very similar to what Lou Gerstner and Anne Mulcahy did in rescuing IBM and Xerox. Character matters in leadership. Alexander the Great had exceptional leadership skills that enabled him to conquer the eastern half of the ancient world, but he was ultimately destroyed by his inability to manage his phenomenal success. The corporate world is full of similar examples, such as the now incarcerated Dennis Kozlowski, who, flush with success at the head of his empire, was driven down the highway of self-destruction by an out-of-control ego. ---A great leader is one who challenges the conventional wisdom of the day and is able to think outside the box to pull off amazing feats. Hannibal did something no one in the ancient world thought possible: he crossed the Alps in winter to challenge Rome for control of the ancient world. That same innovative way of thinking enabled Serge Brin and Larry Page of Google to challenge and best two formidable competitors, Microsoft and Yahoo! Read more Asin : B002V186CA
1) The S.T.A.R Model Helps Others Change and Grow: The 30-Minute New Breed of Leader Change Success Series
Sheila Murray Bethel
28 minutes .
2) Tim Kerber - The Membership Site King: Conversations with the Best Entrepreneurs on the Planet
1 hour 4 minutes .
3) Increase Your Impact as a Presenter (Unabridged)
Change Masters Leadership Communications Success Series
13 minutes .
5) The 8th Habit (Live)
45 minutes .
6) Decade Shifts: A Career Roadmap (Unabridged)
Change Masters Leadership Communications Success Series
31 minutes .
7) Visionary Business: An Entrepreneurs Guide to Success
3 hour 2 minutes
8) Working with Emotional Intelligence
3 hours 25 minutes .
9) Microsoft: First Generation (Unabridged)
7 hours 30 minutes .
10) Leadership Beyond Reason: How Great Leaders Succeed by Harnessing the Power of Their Values, Feelings, and Intuition (Unabridged)
Dr. John Townsend
4 hours 9 minutes .
11) Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done (Unabridged)
Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
8 hours 10 minutes .
12) Re-imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age (Unabridged)
8 hours 38 minutes .
13) The Arrogance Cycle: Think You Cant Lose, Think Again (Unabridged)
Michael K. Farr
7 hours 45 minutes .
14) Why Is My Coworker So Crazy?: A Little Book About Lack of Cooperation in the Workplace (Unabridged)
Vito J. Pandolfo
3 hours 52 minutes .
15) I Am John Galt: Todays Heroic Innovators Building the World and the Villainous Parasites Destroying It (Unabridged)
Donald Luskin, Andrew Greta
10 hours 59 minutes .
16) The Bully-Free Workplace: Stop Jerks, Weasels, and Snakes from Killing Your Organization (Unabridged)
Gary Namie, Ruth F. Namie
4 hours 45 minutes .
17) Make Winning a Habit: 20 Best Practices of the Worlds Greatest Sales Forces
4 hours 32 minutes .
18) Succeed on Your Own Terms: Lessons from Top Achievers Around the World on Developing Your Unique Potential
4 hours 25 minutes .
19) Time Management: How to Control Your Day in an Uncontrollable Workplace (Unabridged)
1 hour 22 minutes
20) Its All About Who You Hire, How They Lead . . . and Other Essential Advice from a Self-Made Leader (Unabridged)
Morton Mandel, John A. Byrne
4 hour 39 minutes
21) Changing on the Job: Developing Leaders for a Complex World (Unabridged)
Jennifer Garvey Berger
8 hours and 41 minutes .
22) Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High-Performance Teams (Unabridged)
Peter Fretwell, Taylor Baldwin Kiland
5 hours and 41 minutes .
23) Ceo Guide To Doing Business In Middle East: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain And Qatar (Unabridged)
Ade Asefeso, MCIPS, MBA
4 hours and 46 minutes .
24) Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well (Unabridged)
Sheila Heen, Douglas Stone
9 hours and 48 minutes .
25) Centered Leadership: Leading with Purpose, Clarity, and Impact (Unabridged)
Joanna Barsh, Johanne Lavoie
9 hour 24 minutes
26) Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success (Unabridged)
5 hours and 55 minutes .
27) Influence and Leadership: Building Rapport in Teams (Unabridged)
1 hour and 54 minutes .
28) The Samsung Way: Transformational Management Strategies from the World Leader in Innovation and Design (Unabridged)
Jaeyong Song, Kyungmook Lee
8 hour 44 minutes
29) Lead like Reagan: Strategies to Motivate, Communicate, and Inspire (Unabridged)
4 hours and 31 minutes .
30) 7 Years with Jim Rohn: Mentored by a Master (Unabridged)
Link : HTML :