FREE. AudioBook : The Poetry of Lord Byron, Volume VI: Childe Harold, Cantos III and IV. Download
Author of this audiobook is George Gordon, Lord Byron. Publisher is Freshwater Seas. This audio book is Narrated by Robert Bethune. This was released on 13-SEP-2010. Duration of this Audio Book is 2 hours 49 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : With Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, cantos III and IV, Byron comes to the high point of his work and to clear and definite mastery of his art as a poet. Though he himself doubts his powers - he says his visions no longer swim so palpably before his eyes as once they did - his visions are far more palpable to us, expressed as they are with the full depth of his romantic and passionate feelings. He continues the device of the journey of the fictional Harold, but Harold is almost a ghost; the thin disguise and facade that separates him from the poet essentaily vanishes. Even the concept of his pilgrimage fades; Byron is not concerned nearly as much with places and people in this canto as he is with art and ideas. The place that means the most to him is no longer a human habitation, but the world of Nature, in which the inmost depths of his heart is relfected. He writes, "There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more, From these our interviews, in which I steal From all I may be, or have been before, To mingle with the Universe, and feel What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal." He spends this last portion of his pilgrimage in that special place, that realm of the spirit and the soul, where what matters is the highest achievements of art. Out of that place is his poem made. Read more Asin : B0042LL3XQ
1) Bleak House (Unabridged)
39 hours 16 minutes .
2) A Passage to India (Unabridged)
11 hours 1 minutes .
3) A Tale of Two Cities (Unabridged)
14 hours 34 minutes .
4) Les Miserables
12 hours 29 minutes .
5) The Brothers Karamazov (Unabridged) (bkjimc000100)
37 hours 6 minutes .
6) The Woman in White (Unabridged) (bkjimc000103)
25 hours 23 minutes .
7) The Last of the Mohicans (Unabridged) (bkbkot000807)
James Fenimore Cooper
14 hours 48 minutes .
8) Romola (Unabridged) (bkblak001833)
21 hours 27 minutes .
9) Doctor Thorne (Unabridged) (bkblak002180)
20 hours 38 minutes .
10) True at First Light: A Fictional Memoir (Unabridged)
10 hours 17 minutes .
11) The Prairie (Unabridged)
James Fenimore Cooper
14 hours 54 minutes .
12) Riders of the Purple Sage (Unabridged) (bkcomm000064)
10 hours 46 minutes .
13) The Cuculian Trilogy: The Coming, Triumph, and Passing of Cuculian (Unabridged)
14) The Man Who Would Be King and Other Stories (Unabridged)
11 hours 59 minutes .
15) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Unabridged) (bkblak000956)
9 hours 30 minutes .
16) Oliver Twist (Unabridged) (bkblak001272)
16 hours 12 minutes .
17) How Fear Came (Unabridged)
45 minutes .
18) Fenimore Cooper to Membranous Croup (Unabridged)
2 hours 2 minutes .
19) The Revolt of Mother (Unabridged)
Mary E. Wilkins Freeman
31 minutes .
20) The Pit and the Pendulum (Unabridged)
Edgar Allan Poe
32 minutes .
21) The Adventure of the Naval Treaty (Unabridged)
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
1 hour 13 minutes .
22) The Blue Hotel (Unabridged)
1 hour 3 minutes .
24) Rinconete y Cortadillo (Texto Completo)
Miguel de Cervantes
1 hour 18 minutes .
25) The Gift of the Magi (Dramatized)
1 hour 12 minutes .
26) Great American Suspense (Unabridged)
Edgar Allan Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ambrose Bierce, and more
2 hours 44 minutes .
27) Great Classic Hauntings (Unabridged)
Edgar Allan Poe, Washington Irving, Robert Louis Stevenson, and more
2 hours 37 minutes .
28) Through the Looking Glass (Unabridged) (bktant000194)
3 hours 1 minutes .
29) Alices Adventures in Wonderland (Unabridged) (bktant000263)
2 hours 46 minutes .
30) Pinocchio (Unabridged) (bktant000275)
3 hours 24 minutes .
31) The Sonnets
2 hours 56 minutes .
33) Zalacain the Adventurer (Unabridged)
5 hours 16 minutes .
34) Under the Greenwood Tree (Unabridged)
5 hours 19 minutes .
35) The Great Gatsby (Unabridged) (bkpart000065)
F. Scott Fitzgerald
4 hours 37 minutes .
36) Typhoon (Unabridged) (bktant000294)
3 hours 47 minutes .
37) Rip Van Winkle and Other Stories (Unabridged)
4 hours 27 minutes .
38) Sense and Sensibility (bkpeng000379)
5 hours 55 minutes .
39) Wuthering Heights (bkpeng000372)
5 hours 29 minutes .
40) Rush Home Road
6 hours 18 minutes .
41) White Fang (Unabridged) (bktant000352)
6 hours 27 minutes .
42) Anne of Avonlea (Unabridged) (bktant000295)
Lucy Maud Montgomery
8 hours 39 minutes .
43) Great Expectations (bknaxo000134)
5 hours 17 minutes .
44) A Room With a View (Unabridged) (bkpart000167)
7 hours 27 minutes .
45) Silas Marner (Unabridged) (bkpart000176)
6 hours 45 minutes .
46) To Have and Have Not (Unabridged)
5 hours 25 minutes .
47) Moll Flanders (bkhodd000106)
2 hours 56 minutes .
48) Our Mutual Friend (bkhodd000048)
Link : HTML :