FREE. AudioBook : The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence. Download
Author of this audiobook is The Great Courses. Publisher is The Great Courses. This audio book is Narrated by Professor Robert M. Hazen. This was released on 12-NOV-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 25 hours and 15 minutes .. This is original_staging.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : This course chronicles the history of Earth and life on Earth from the point of view of the minerals that made it all happen. A major theme is how minerals and life coevolved, leading to the unprecedented mineral diversity on our world compared to the other planets in the solar system. Professor Hazen tells this epic story in 48 action-packed lectures that take you from the big bang to the formation of the solar system to the major milestones that marked the evolution of Earth and life. He also looks ahead at what to expect millions to billions of years in the future. It's easy to think that the green Earth dominated by life that we experience today is just as it's always been. But Professor Hazen introduces you to a succession of starkly different Earths, starting with the black, basalt-covered planet of 4.5 billion years ago, and progressing through blue, gray, red, and white phases as Earth, minerals, and life developed in concert. Major episodes covered in these lectures include the formation of the moon from the collision of a Mars-sized body with the early Earth; the Great Oxidation Event, which was sparked by the earliest photosynthetic life and is responsible for Earth's iron and other important mineral deposits; the formation of the first continents; the start of plate tectonics more than 3 billion years ago; the repeating cycles of supercontinent formation; the Cambrian explosion of life, resulting in the first animal shells, bones, and teeth; the great episodes of mass extinction, including the dinosaurs; and the rise of humans - along with much else. Most impressively, Professor Hazen is a pioneer in the study of mineral evolution, which is a unique lens through which to view the development of Earth. He tells the story with authority and with a rare gift for making you see the world in a new, intriguing way. Read more Asin : B00GMPDV9Y
1) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
2) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
3) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
4) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
5) Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 22 minutes .
6) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
7) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
8) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
9) Secret Lives of Stars: Scientific American Special Edition
2 hours 14 minutes .
10) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
11) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
12) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
13) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
14) How the Universe Got Its Spots: Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
15) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
16) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
17) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
18) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
19) Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe (Unabridged)
7 hours 27 minutes .
20) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
21) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
22) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
23) Cosmic Quest (Unabridged)
6 hours 47 minutes .
24) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
25) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
26) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 40 minutes .
27) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
28) The Logic of Microspace: Technology and Management of Minimum-Cost Space Missions (Unabridged)
21 hours 6 minutes .
29) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
30) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
31) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
32) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
34) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
35) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
36) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
37) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
38) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
39) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
40) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
41) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
42) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
43) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know about the All-There-Is (Unabridged)
1 hour 29 minutes
46) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
47) Mars Rover Curiosity: An Inside Account from Curiositys Chief Engineer (Unabridged)
Rob Manning, William L. Simon
7 hours and 43 minutes .
48) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
Link : HTML :