FREE. AudioBook : The New New Thing: A Silicon Valley Story. Download
The New New Thing: A Silicon Valley Story (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Michael Lewis. Publisher is Brilliance Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Bruce Reizen. This was released on 29-SEP-2008. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hours 25 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : In the weird glow of the dying millennium, Michael Lewis sets out on a safari through Silicon Valley to find the world's most important technology entrepreneur, the man who embodies the spirit of the coming age. He finds him in Jim Clark, who is about to create his third, separate, billion-dollar company: first Silicon Graphics, then Netscape - which launched the Information Age - and now Healtheon, a startup that may turn the $1 trillion healthcare industry on its head.Despite the variety of his achievements, Clark thinks of himself mainly as the creator of Hyperion, which happens to be a sailboat - not just an ordinary yacht, but the world's largest single-mast vessel, a machine more complex than a 747. Clark claims he will be able to sail it via computer from his desk in San Francisco, and the new code may contain the seeds of his next billion-dollar coup.On the wings of Lewis' celebrated storytelling, the listener takes the ride of a lifetime through this strange landscape of geeks and billionaires. We get the inside story of the battle between Netscape and Microsoft; we sit in the room as Clark tries to persuade the investment bankers that Healtheon IS the new Microsoft; we get queasy as Clark pits his boat against the rage of the North Atlantic in winter. And in every brilliant anecdote and character sketch, Lewis is drawing us a map of markets and free enterprise in the 21st century. Read more Asin : B002UZMXFI
1) Build a Personal Coping Strategy - Stay Grounded in the Midst of Change: The 30-Minute New Breed of Leader-Change Success Series
Dr. Sheila Murray Bethel
29 minutes .
3) Liderazgo de Excelencia (Texto Completo) [Leadership of Excellence (Unabridged)]
Miguel Angel Cornejo
58 minutes .
4) Career Smart: 5 Steps to a Powerful Personal Brand (Unabridged)
2 hours 32 minutes .
5) The New York Times Pocket MBA: Business Financing (Unabridged)
Dileep Rao, Ph.D. and Richard Cardozo, Ph.D
1 hour 32 minutes .
6) Working with Presence (Unabridged)
Daniel Goleman, Ph.D. with Peter Senge, Ph.D.
1 hour 17 minutes .
7) The Speed of Trust: The One Thing that Changes Everything
Stephen M.R. Covey with Rebecca R. Merrill
1 hour 15 minutes
8) Managing Change in Crisis
Dr. Stephen R. Covey
1 hour 2 minutes .
9) A Peacock in the Land of Penguins: A Fable About Creativity and Courage (Unabridged)
BJ Gallagher Hateley and Warren H. Schmidt
1 hour 40 minutes .
10) Heart at Work
Jack Canfield and Jacqueline Miller
4 hours 27 minutes .
11) Scoring in the Red Zone: How to Lead Successfully When the Pressure is On
3 hours 2 minutes .
12) Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Apply the Astonishing Power of Positive Reinforcement
Aubrey C. Daniels
4 hours 21 minutes .
13) The Blind Visionary: Practical Lessons for Meeting Challenges on the Way to a More Fulfilling Life and Career
Doug Eadie, Virginia Jacko
5 hours 9 minutes .
14) Great by Choice (Unabridged)
Jim Collins, Morten T. Hansen
8 hours 45 minutes .
15) Beyond the 7 Habits
Stephen R. Covey
3 hours 31 minutes .
16) Leadership Rules: How to Become the Leader You Want to Be (Unabridged)
2 hours 5 minutes .
17) Authentic Leadership: Rediscovering the Secrets to Creating Lasting Value (Unabridged)
8 hours 22 minutes .
18) The Innovators DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators (Unabridged)
Jeff Dyer, Hal Gregersen, Clay Christensen
7 hours 37 minutes .
19) Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with Their Challenges, 2nd Edition (Unabridged)
Mary Beth A. O' Neill
9 hours 12 minutes .
20) The Bully-Free Workplace: Stop Jerks, Weasels, and Snakes from Killing Your Organization (Unabridged)
Gary Namie, Ruth F. Namie
4 hours 45 minutes .
21) The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential (Unabridged)
John C. Maxwell
7 hours 46 minutes .
22) The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Strong Bottom Line (Unabridged)
5 hours 42 minutes .
23) Judgment on the Front Line: How Smart Companies Win by Trusting Their People (Unabridged)
Chris DeRose, Noel M. Tichy
10 hours 20 minutes .
24) The Simple Truths of Service: Inspired by Johnny the Bagger
38 minutes .
25) Negotiation: The Brian Tracy Success Library (Unabridged)
2 hours and 1 minutes .
26) Leadership: The Brian Tracy Success Library (Unabridged)
2 hours and 12 minutes .
27) Leadership Solved (Unabridged)
35 minutes .
28) Jim Rohns 8 Best Success Lessons (Unabridged)
29) Entrepreneurship for the Rest of Us: How to Create Innovation and Opportunity Everywhere (Unabridged)
Paul B. Brown
4 hour 35 minutes
30) The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Digital Leadership (Unabridged)
2 hours and 43 min.
Link : HTML :