FREE. AudioBook : The Myth of Laziness: Americas Top Learning Expert Shows How Kids and Parents Can Become More Productive. Download
Author of this audiobook is Mel Levine, M.D.. Publisher is Simon and Schuster Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Mel Levine, M.D.. This was released on 27-DEC-2002. Duration of this Audio Book is 4 hours 54 minutes .. This is abridged. ISBN is 9780743527804.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : How many times have you heard a teacher say that your child has tremendous potential "if only he'd just apply himself" or "if only she'd work just a little harder"? How often have you said the same thing to your son or daughter? Or perhaps you have a coworker who can't seem to finish anything; his reports are never in on time, or her projects are always behind schedule. No matter what excuses you hear, you suspect that laziness is the real reason for your colleague's low productivity.Almost no one is actually lazy, says Dr. Mel Levine, author of A Mind at a Time. Low productivity - whether in school or on the job - is almost always caused by a genuine problem, a neurodevelopmental dysfunction. Despite this, untold numbers of people have been stigmatized by unfair accusations of laziness, many of them adults who still carry emotional scars from their schooldays.In The Myth of Laziness Dr. Levine shows how we can spot the neurodevelopmental dysfunctions that may cause "output failure," as he calls it, whether in school or in the workplace. Dr. Levine identifies seven forms of dysfunction that obstruct output. Drawing on his years of clinical experience he describes eight people - children, adolescents, and adults - he has worked with who exhibited one or another of these problems. He shows how identifying the problem can make all the difference, leading to a course of corrective action rather than to accusations of laziness and moral failure.With its practical advice and compassionate tone, The Myth of Laziness shows parents how to nurture their child's strengths and improve their classroom productivity. Most important, it shows how correcting these problems in childhood will help children live a fulfilling and productive adult life. Read more Keywords : learning disability, education Asin : B002V0PTJ4
1) La Madremonte: El Terror De Los Campesinos (Texto Completo)
Yoyo USA, Inc
40 minutes .
2) Beethoven: Una Historia Contada (Texto Completo) [Beethoven ] (Unabridged)
Yoyo USA, Inc
41 minutes .
3) Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul: Stories of Changes, Choices, and Growing Up for Kids Ages 9-13
Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Hansen, and Irene Dunlap
1 hour 14 minutes
4) Jazz (Unabridged)
Walter Dean Myers
42 minutes .
5) Your Money, Day One: How to Start Right and End Rich (Unabridged)
Michael J. Wagner
5 hours 20 minutes .
6) Lives of the Artists: Masterpieces, Messes (and What the Neighbors Thought)
2 hours 1 minutes .
7) The Text of the United States Constitution (Unabridged)
George H. Smith
2 hours 24 minutes .
8) Six-Point Plan for Raising Happy, Healthy Children
2 hour 38 minutes
9) Heroes de la Biblia (Bible Heroes)
10) Walking the Bible: An Illustrated Journey for Kids Through the Greatest Stories Ever Told (Unabridged)
1 hour 37 minutes .
11) Albert Einstein (Unabridged)
7 minutes .
12) Who Was First? (Unabridged)
1 hour 45 minutes .
13) A Part of the Sky (Unabridged)
Robert Newton Peck
3 hours 6 minutes .
14) Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations
Brett Harris, Alex Harris
3 hours 48 minutes .
15) Life Strategies for Teens
1 hour 54 minutes .
16) Boy: Tales of Childhood (Unabridged)
3 hours 45 minutes .
17) Boys Will Put You on a Pedestal (So They Can Look Up Your Skirt) (Unabridged)
Philip Van Munching
3 hours 42 minutes .
18) BTP To Go: SAT Prep Talk
Boston Test Prep
2 hours 49 minutes .
19) A Mind at a Time: Americas Top Learning Expert Shows How Every Child Can Succeed
Mel Levine, M.D.
5 hours 3 minutes .
20) Revenge of the Whale: The True Story of the Whaleship Essex
5 hours 29 minutes .
21) Loose Woman and Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories (Unabridged)
7 hours 49 minutes .
22) Rest and Sleep: Help Your Child Drift Off to Sleep Feeling Calm and Reassured
23) The Lion Childrens Bible: The Worlds Greatest Story Retold for Every Child (Unabridged)
5 hours 7 minutes .
24) Just Annoying! (Unabridged)
2 hour 41 minutes
25) Finding Bigfoot: Everything You Need to Know (Unabridged)
5 hour 31 minutes
Link : HTML :