FREE. AudioBook : Money for Nothing: How the Failure of Corporate Boards Is Ruining American Business and Costing Us Trillions. Download
Money for Nothing: How the Failure of Corporate Boards Is Ruining American Business and Costing Us Trillions (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is John Gillespie, David Zweig. Publisher is Tantor Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Mel Foster. This was released on 26-JAN-2010. Duration of this Audio Book is 10 hours 21 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Of the world's 200 largest economies, more than half are corporations. They have more influence on our lives than any other institution, but while boards of directors are supposed to police CEOs and provide independent leadership, they have become enabling lapdogs rather than trustworthy watchdogs. As America contends with the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, all eyes are turning to the corporate leaders who have perpetrated such egregious failures, padding their own pockets with grossly inflated pay packages even as their businesses fall to ruin, asking, How could things have gone so terribly wrong? How could the stewards of American business---who are supposed to be the gold standard of the global economy---turn out to be so incompetent? Taking readers right into the boardrooms and behind the scenes of the lavish C-Suites, John Gillespie and David Zweig have interviewed a host of upper-echelon managers and board members at leading companies, from Exxon and Citigroup and Home Depot to Countrywide, to shine a glaring light on the clubby culture of the business elite. The book reveals just how the machinations of good governance have broken down, replaced by a compromised system plagued by greed and see-no-evil culpability, and also reports on a handful of pioneering companies who are bold leaders in corporate reform, offering powerful proof that the system most certainly can be fixed. Read more Asin : B0035YOKZY
2) Scott Stratten - Social Media Specialist: Conversations with the Best Entrepreneurs on the Planet
53 minutes .
3) Understanding and Analyzing Global Economic Trends Affecting Your Company: ExecBlueprint (Unabridged)
Doug Ducey, Ed Story, Paul Dolan
35 minutes .
4) Making a Difference: 12 Qualities that Make You a Better Leader (Unabridged)
Dr. Sheila Murray Bethel
1 hour 3 minutes .
5) Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know (Unabridged)
John C. Maxwell
2 hour 18 minutes
6) 21 Great Ways to Build a High-Profit Business
56 minutes .
7) Heart at Work
Jack Canfield and Jacqueline Miller
4 hours 27 minutes .
8) Death to All Sacred Cows: How Successful Businesses Put the Old Rules Out to Pasture (Unabridged)
Beau Fraser, David Bernstein, Bill Schwab
4 hours 10 minutes .
9) Richard Branson: 7 Lessons from the Worlds Most Popular Billionaire (Unabridged)
10) Entreleadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
6 hours 15 minutes .
11) The Baron Son (Unabridged)
V.T. Davis, W.R. Patterson, and D. Marques Patton
5 hours 15 minutes .
12) Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence (Unabridged)
Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis, and Annie McKee
8 hours 36 minutes .
13) Too Many Bosses, Too Few Leaders: The Three Essential Principles You Need to Become an Extraordinary Leader (Unabridged)
7 hours 37 minutes .
14) The Maverick
5 hour 53 minutes
15) Mondays at 3: A Story for Managers Learning to Lead (Unabridged)
10 hours 39 minutes .
16) The Arrogance Cycle: Think You Cant Lose, Think Again (Unabridged)
Michael K. Farr
7 hours 45 minutes .
17) Do Nothing!: How to Stop Overmanaging and Become a Great Leader (Unabridged)
J. Keith Murnighan
6 hours 28 minutes .
18) Life Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives (Unabridged)
Christopher Gergen, Gregg Vanourek
6 hours 36 minutes .
19) Great People Decisions: Why They Matter So Much, Why They are So Hard, and How You Can Master Them (Unabridged)
9 hours 59 minutes .
20) Prescription for Lasting Success: Leadership Strategies to Diagnose Problems and Transform Your Organization (Unabridged)
5 hours 17 minutes .
21) Developing Powerful Influence: Create Powerful Character Traits and Master Your Skills in 30-Minutes
32 minutes .
22) The Three Rules: How Exceptional Companies Think (Unabridged)
Michael E. Raynor, Mumtaz Ahmed
6 hours and 42 minutes .
23) Humanize: How People-Centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World (Unabridged)
Jamie Notter, Maddie Grant
10 hours and 37 minutes .
24) Jumpstart Your Leadership: 10 Jolts to Leverage Your Leadership (Unabridged)
3 hours and 57 minutes .
25) Delegation and Supervision: The Brian Tracy Success Library (Unabridged)
2 hours and 10 minutes .
26) The Chocolate Conversation: Lead Bittersweet Change, Transform Your Business (Unabridged)
5 hours and 33 minutes .
27) Business Secrets of the Trappist Monks: One CEOs Quest for Meaning and Authenticity (Unabridged)
6 hour 51 minutes
28) Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success (Unabridged)
5 hours and 55 minutes .
29) Leadership Made Easy: Empowering Yourself and Your Team - Essential Guide for Leadership (Unabridged)
William "Bill" Groves
1 hour and 44 minutes .
30) Make Your Mark: The Creatives Guide to Building a Business with Impact, The 99U Book Series, Book 3 (Unabridged)
Jocelyn K. Glei (Editor)
3 hours and 46 minutes .
Link : HTML :