FREE. AudioBook : Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe. Download
Author of this audiobook is David Waltham. Publisher is Audible Studios. This audio book is Narrated by Richard Dadd. This was released on 28-MAR-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 8 hours and 51 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Why Earth¿s life-friendly climate makes it exceptional - and what that means for the likelihood of finding intelligent extraterrestrial life We have long fantasized about finding life on planets other than our own. Yet even as we become aware of the vast expanses beyond our solar system, it remains clear that Earth is exceptional. The question is: Why? In Lucky Planet, astrobiologist David Waltham argues that Earth¿s climate stability is what makes it uniquely able to support life, and it is nothing short of luck that made such conditions possible. The four-billion-year stretch of good weather that our planet has experienced is statistically so unlikely that chances are slim that we will ever encounter intelligent extraterrestrial others. Citing the factors that typically control a planet¿s average temperature - including the size of its moon, as well as the rate of the Universe¿s expansion - Waltham challenges the prevailing scientific consensus that Earth-like planets have natural stabilizing mechanisms that allow life to flourish. A lively exploration of the stars above and the ground beneath our feet, Lucky Planet seamlessly weaves the story of Earth and the worlds orbiting other stars to give us a new perspective of the surprising role chance plays in our place in the universe. Read more Asin : B00JAFYZ8O
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations behind the 2012 Prophecies (Unabridged)
19 hours 26 minutes .
4) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
5) Science Matters: Achieving Science Literacy (Unabridged)
James Trefil, Robert M. Hazen
11 hours 20 minutes .
6) Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 22 minutes .
7) Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing Hoax (Unabridged)
9 hours 39 minutes .
8) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
9) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
10) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
11) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
12) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
13) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
14) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
15) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
16) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
17) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
18) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
19) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
20) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
21) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
22) Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe (Unabridged)
7 hours 27 minutes .
23) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
24) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 40 minutes .
25) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
26) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
27) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
28) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
29) How Old Is the Universe? (Unabridged)
David A. Weintraub
10 hour 37 minutes
30) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
31) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
32) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
33) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
34) The Modern Scholar: Lore of the Stars: The Mythological Narrative of the Night Sky
Professor Timothy B. Shutt
4 hours and 19 minutes .
35) Einsteins Cosmos: How Albert Einsteins Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time: Great Discoveries (Unabridged)
6 hours and 30 minutes .
36) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
37) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
38) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
39) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
40) Kak ustroena Vselennaja: [All that you want to know about the Universe] (Unabridged)
1 hour and 16 minutes .
41) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
42) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
43) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know about the All-There-Is (Unabridged)
1 hour 29 minutes
46) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
47) Mars Rover Curiosity: An Inside Account from Curiositys Chief Engineer (Unabridged)
Rob Manning, William L. Simon
7 hours and 43 minutes .
48) Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed (Unabridged)
5 hours and 2 minutes .
49) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
50) Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
Link : HTML :