FREE. AudioBook : First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began. Download
Author of this audiobook is David Deamer. Publisher is University Press Audiobooks. This audio book is Narrated by Michael Lenz. This was released on 03-DEC-12. Duration of this Audio Book is 13 hours and 57 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : This pathbreaking book explores how life can begin, taking us from cosmic clouds of stardust, to volcanoes on Earth, to the modern chemistry laboratory. Seeking to understand life's connection to the stars, David Deamer introduces astrobiology, a new scientific discipline that studies the origin and evolution of life on Earth and relates it to the birth and death of stars, planet formation, interfaces between minerals, water, and atmosphere, and the physics and chemistry of carbon compounds. Deamer argues that life began as systems of molecules that assembled into membrane-bound packages. These in turn provided an essential compartment in which more complex molecules assumed new functions required for the origin of life and the beginning of evolution. Deamer takes us from the vivid and unpromising chaos of the Earth four billion years ago up to the present and his own laboratory, where he contemplates the prospects for generating synthetic life. Engaging and accessible, First Life describes the scientific story of astrobiology while presenting a fascinating hypothesis to explain the origin of life. The book is published by University of California Press. Read more Asin : B00AG3ATBQ
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
3) The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
13 hours 49 minutes .
4) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
5) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
6) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
7) Secret Lives of Stars: Scientific American Special Edition
2 hours 14 minutes .
8) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
9) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
10) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
11) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
12) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
13) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
14) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
15) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
16) Cosmic Quest (Unabridged)
6 hours 47 minutes .
17) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
18) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
19) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
20) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
21) Trailblazing Mars: NASAs Next Giant Leap (Unabridged)
7 hours 23 minutes .
22) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
23) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
24) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
25) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
27) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
28) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
29) How Old Is the Universe? (Unabridged)
David A. Weintraub
10 hour 37 minutes
30) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
31) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
32) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
33) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
34) Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond (Unabridged)
9 hour 19 minutes
35) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
36) Einsteins Cosmos: How Albert Einsteins Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time: Great Discoveries (Unabridged)
6 hours and 30 minutes .
37) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
38) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
39) Kak ustroena Vselennaja: [All that you want to know about the Universe] (Unabridged)
1 hour and 16 minutes .
40) Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe (Unabridged)
8 hours and 51 minutes .
41) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
42) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
43) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
44) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
45) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
46) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
47) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
48) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
49) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
50) The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission (Unabridged)
7 hours and 44 minutes .
Link : HTML :