AudioBook : John Adams. Download
Author of this audiobook is David McCullough. Publisher is Simon and Schuster Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Nelson Runger. This was released on 16-NOV-2005. Duration of this Audio Book is 30 hours 1 minutes .. This is unabridged. ISBN is 9780743525480. Rating : 4.3/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : In this powerful, epic biography, Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough unfolds the adventurous life-journey of John Adams, the brilliant, fiercely independent, often irascible, always honest Yankee patriot who spared nothing in his zeal for the American Revolution. Adams thought, wrote, and spoke out for the "Great Cause" come what might; he traveled far and wide in all seasons and often at extreme risk; he rose to become the second president of the United States and saved the country from blundering into an unnecessary war; he was rightly celebrated for his integrity, and regarded by some as "out of his senses"; and his marriage to the wise and valiant Abigail Adams is one of the most moving love stories in American history.Much about Adams' life will come as a surprise to many. His rocky relationship with friend and eventual archrival Thomas Jefferson, his courageous voyage on the frigate Boston in the winter of 1778, and his later trek over the Pyrenees are exploits few would have dared and that few listeners will ever forget.McCullough's John Adams has the sweep and vitality of a great novel. This is history on a grand scale, an audiobook about politics, war, and social issues, but also about human nature, love, religious faith, virtue, ambition, friendship, and betrayal, and the far-reaching consequences of noble ideas. Above all, it is an enthralling, often surprising story of one of the most important and fascinating Americans who ever lived. Read more Keywords : presidency, presidents, Revolutionary War, Abigail Adams, biography Asin : B002VACOB0
1) Sharon: The Life of a Leader (Unabridged)
18 hour 29 minutes
2) Bound Feet and Western Dress
Pang-Mei Natasha Chang
2 hours 45 minutes .
3) Big Russ and Me: Father and Son, Lessons of Life
5 hours 12 minutes .
4) George Washington on Leadership (Unabridged)
8 hours 9 minutes .
5) One Soldiers Story
5 hours 28 minutes .
6) Julius Caesar: The Leaders Series (Dramatised)
1 hour 2 minutes
7) Thomas Alva Edison: The Scientists and Inventors Series (Dramatized)
1 hour 4 minutes
8) William McKinley (Unabridged)
Kevin Phillips, Arthur M. Schlesinger
5 hours 49 minutes .
9) Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power (Unabridged)
Bob Ingle, Michael Symons
10 hours 24 minutes .
10) The Man Who Saved the Union: Ulysses Grant in War and Peace (Unabridged)
H. W. Brands
27 hour 50 minutes
11) Senator Hattie Caraway: An Arkansas Legacy (Unabridged)
Dr. Nancy Hendricks
3 hours and 56 minutes .
12) James Madison: A Life Reconsidered (Unabridged)
18 hours and 37 minutes .
13) The Man Who Would Not Be Washington: Robert E. Lees Civil War and His Decision that Changed American History (Unabridged)
9 hours and 30 minutes .
14) Breve storia di Napoleone Bonaparte Vol. 4 [Short History of Napoloen Bonaparte Vol. 4]: Guerra della Terza Coalizione [War of the Third Coalition] (U
Francesco De Vito
1 hour and 42 minutes .
15) Alice Paul: Claiming Power (Unabridged)
J.D. Zahniser, Amelia R. Fry
57 hour 54 minutes
Link : HTML :