FREE. AudioBook : The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission. Download
Author of this audiobook is Jim Bell. Publisher is Penguin Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Jim Bell. This was released on 02-FEB-15. Duration of this Audio Book is 7 hours and 44 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The story of the men and women who drove the Voyager spacecraft mission, told by a scientist who was there from the beginning. The Voyager spacecraft are our farthest-flung emissaries--11.3 billion miles away from the crew who built and still operate them decades after their launch. Voyager 1 left the solar system in 2012; its sister craft, Voyager 2, will do so in 2015. The fantastic journey began in 1977, before the first episode of Cosmos aired. The mission was planned as a grand tour beyond the moon; beyond Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn; and maybe even into interstellar space. The fact that it actually happened makes this humanity's greatest space mission. In The Interstellar Age, award-winning planetary scientist Jim Bell reveals what drove and continues to drive the members of this extraordinary team, including Ed Stone, Voyager's chief scientist and the one-time head of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab; Charley Kohlhase, an orbital dynamics engineer who helped to design many of the critical slingshot maneuvers around planets that enabled the Voyagers to travel so far; and the geologist whose earthbound experience would prove of little help in interpreting the strange new landscapes revealed in the Voyagers' astoundingly clear images of moons and planets. Speeding through space at a mind-bending 11 miles a second, Voyager 1 is now beyond our solar system's planets. It carries with it artifacts of human civilization. By the time Voyager 1 passes its first star in about 40,000 years, the gold record on the spacecraft, containing various music and images, including Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode," will still be playable. Read more Asin : B00SXI8SXC
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
4) The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations behind the 2012 Prophecies (Unabridged)
19 hours 26 minutes .
5) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
6) Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 22 minutes .
7) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
8) Secret Lives of Stars: Scientific American Special Edition
2 hours 14 minutes .
9) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
10) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
11) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
12) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
13) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
14) How the Universe Got Its Spots: Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
15) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
16) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
17) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
18) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
19) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
20) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
21) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
22) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
23) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
24) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
25) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 40 minutes .
26) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
27) The Logic of Microspace: Technology and Management of Minimum-Cost Space Missions (Unabridged)
21 hours 6 minutes .
28) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
29) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
30) How Old Is the Universe? (Unabridged)
David A. Weintraub
10 hour 37 minutes
31) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
32) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
33) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
34) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
35) The Modern Scholar: Lore of the Stars: The Mythological Narrative of the Night Sky
Professor Timothy B. Shutt
4 hours and 19 minutes .
36) Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
12 hour 20 minutes
37) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
38) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
39) Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe (Unabridged)
8 hours and 51 minutes .
40) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
41) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
42) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
43) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know about the All-There-Is (Unabridged)
1 hour 29 minutes
46) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
47) Mars Rover Curiosity: An Inside Account from Curiositys Chief Engineer (Unabridged)
Rob Manning, William L. Simon
7 hours and 43 minutes .
48) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
Link : HTML :