FREE. AudioBook : How Old Is the Universe?. Download
Author of this audiobook is David A. Weintraub. Publisher is Audible, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Brad Smith. This was released on 21-SEP-12. Duration of this Audio Book is 10 hour 37 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Astronomers have determined that our universe is 13.7 billion years old. How exactly did they come to this precise conclusion? How Old Is the Universe? tells the incredible story of how astronomers solved one of the most compelling mysteries in science and, along the way, introduces listeners to fundamental concepts and cutting-edge advances in modern astronomy. The age of our universe poses a deceptively simple question, and its answer carries profound implications for science, religion, and philosophy. David Weintraub traces the centuries-old quest by astronomers to fathom the secrets of the nighttime sky. Describing the achievements of the visionaries whose discoveries collectively unveiled a fundamental mystery, he shows how many independent lines of inquiry and much painstakingly gathered evidence, when fitted together like pieces in a cosmic puzzle, led to the long-sought answer. Astronomers don't believe the universe is 13.7 billion years old - they know it. You will too after listening to this book. By focusing on one of the most crucial questions about the universe and challenging readers to understand the answer, Weintraub familiarizes listeners with the ideas and phenomena at the heart of modern astronomy, including red giants and white dwarfs, cepheid variable stars and supernovae, clusters of galaxies, gravitational lensing, dark matter, dark energy and the accelerating universe - and much more. Offering a unique historical approach to astronomy, How Old Is the Universe? sheds light on the inner workings of scientific inquiry and reveals how astronomers grapple with deep questions about the physical nature of our universe. Read more Asin : B009D9M3DQ
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
4) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
5) Science Matters: Achieving Science Literacy (Unabridged)
James Trefil, Robert M. Hazen
11 hours 20 minutes .
6) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
7) Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 22 minutes .
8) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
9) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
10) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
11) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
12) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
13) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
14) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
15) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
16) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
17) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
18) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
19) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
20) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 40 minutes .
21) Trailblazing Mars: NASAs Next Giant Leap (Unabridged)
7 hours 23 minutes .
22) The Logic of Microspace: Technology and Management of Minimum-Cost Space Missions (Unabridged)
21 hours 6 minutes .
23) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
24) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
25) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
26) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
27) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
29) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
30) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
31) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
32) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
33) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
34) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
35) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
36) Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
12 hour 20 minutes
37) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
38) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
39) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
40) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
41) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
42) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
43) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
44) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
45) Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Donald Goldsmith
8 hours and 39 minutes .
46) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
47) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
48) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
49) Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
50) The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission (Unabridged)
7 hours and 44 minutes .
Link : HTML :