FREE. AudioBook : Why Great Leaders Dont Take Yes for an Answer. Download
Why Great Leaders Dont Take Yes for an Answer (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Michael A. Roberto. Publisher is Audible, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Stow Lovejoy. This was released on 17-MAY-2007. Duration of this Audio Book is 7 hours 54 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : It's the curse faced by every leader. And it will happen to you, whether you run a company or lead a mountain climbing expedition, whether you're a football coach or the president of the United States. It's the curse of "yes". Leaders hear "yes" far too often. Your power inhibits candor. You don't hear bad news until it's too late. You get groupthink, not reality. You think you've achieved consensus, then find your decisions undermined by colleagues who never really bought in.Inevitable? Absolutely not. Harvard Business School's Michael Roberto draws on powerful decision-making case studies from every walk of life, showing how to promote honest, constructive dissent and skepticism; use it to improve your decisions; and align your entire organization behind those decisions. You'll learn from disasters like the Space Shuttle Columbia and JFK's Bay of Pigs Invasion; from successes like Sid Caesar and Bill Parcells; from George W. Bush's decision-making after 9/11. Roberto complements his compelling case studies with extensive new research on executive decision-making. You'll discover how to test and probe your management team; when "yes" means yes and when it doesn't; and how to build real consensus that leads to action. You'll gain important new insights into managing teams, mitigating risk, promoting corporate ethics, and much more. Your organization and your executive team have immense untapped wisdom. This book will help you tap that wisdom to the fullest. Read more Keywords : leader, decisions Asin : B002VA9Y3G
1) Winning (Unabridged)
Jack Welch with Suzy Welch
11 hours 27 minutes .
2) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (Unabridged)
Stephen R. Covey
12 hour 58 minutes
3) Equipping 101 (Unabridged)
John C. Maxwell
2 hour 3 minutes
4) The Leadership Ellipse: Shaping How We Lead By Who We Are (Unabridged)
6 hours 27 minutes .
5) Enough: True Measures of Money, Business, and Life (Unabridged)
John C. Bogle
6 hours 14 minutes .
6) Jack Welch and the GE Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
4 hours 26 minutes .
7) FT Press Delivers: Profiles of Remarkable Companies (Unabridged)
Nancy F. Koehn, The Editors of New Word City
3 hours 41 minutes .
8) Thinking for a Living: How to Get Better Performances And Results from Knowledge Workers (Unabridged)
Thomas H. Davenport
6 hours 49 minutes .
9) Winston Churchill, CEO: 25 Lessons for Bold Business Leaders (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
10) Re-imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age (Unabridged)
8 hours 38 minutes .
11) How the Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In (Unabridged)
4 hours 44 minutes .
12) Redesigning Leadership (Unabridged)
2 hours 2 minutes .
13) The American Leadership Tradition: Moral Vision from Washington to Clinton (Unabridged)
Dr. Marvin Olasky
10 hours 46 minutes .
14) Living for the Weekday: What Every Employee and Boss Needs to Know about Enjoying Work and Life (Unabridged)
5 hours 28 minutes .
15) Emotionally Intelligent Leadership: A Guide for College Students (Unabridged)
Marcy L. Shankman, Scott J. Allen
3 hours 4 minutes .
16) The Modern Scholar: The Fundamentals of Business Etiquette
Professor Robert A. Shutt
4 hours 39 minutes .
17) Prescription for Excellence: Leadership Lessons for Creating a World Class Customer Experience from UCLA Health System
9 hours 36 minutes .
18) The Shark and the Fish: Applying Poker Strategies to Business Leadership (Unabridged)
6 hours and 41 minutes .
19) The Engagement Equation: Leadership Strategies for an Inspired Workforce (Unabridged)
Christopher Rice, Fraser Marlow
8 hours and 58 minutes .
20) Servant Hearts (Unabridged)
Richard R. Dimmitt, Tom McQueen
3 hours and 8 minutes .
21) Taking Smart Risks: How Sharp Leaders Win When Stakes are High (Unabridged)
7 hours and 24 minutes .
22) Brilliant Mistakes: Finding Success on the Far Side of Failure (Unabridged)
Paul J. H. Schoemaker
5 hours and 4 minutes .
23) Crucial Accountability: Tools for Resolving Violated Expectations, Broken Commitments, and Bad Behavior, 2nd Edition (Unabridged)
Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron Switzler, David Maxfield
6 hour 14 minutes
24) The Idea-Driven Organization: Unlocking the Power in Bottom-Up Ideas (Unabridged)
Alan G. Robinson, Dean M. Schroeder
5 hours and 29 minutes .
25) The Leadership Playbook (Unabridged)
5 hours and 34 minutes .
26) Leadership (Unabridged)
James MacGregor Burns
74 hour 30 minutes
27) Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence (Unabridged)
Erica Dhawan, Saj-nicole Joni
7 hours and 5 minutes .
28) The Leadership Dojo: Build Your Foundation as an Exemplary Leader (Unabridged)
5 hours and 14 minutes .
29) Dare to Serve: How to Drive Superior Results by Serving Others (Unabridged)
Cheryl A. Bachelder
3 hours and 54 minutes .
30) Executive MBA: What Makes a Great CEO (Unabridged)
Link : HTML :