FREE. AudioBook : The Great Game of Business, Expanded and Updated: The Only Sensible Way to Run a Company. Download
The Great Game of Business, Expanded and Updated: The Only Sensible Way to Run a Company (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Jack Stack, Bo Burlingham. Publisher is The Great Game of Business, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Jack Stack, Stephen Baker. This was released on 05-MAR-15. Duration of this Audio Book is 7 hour 7 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : In the early 1980s, Springfield Remanufacturing Corporation (SRC) in Springfield, Missouri, was a near bankrupt division of International Harvester. That's when a green young manager, Jack Stack, took over and turned it around. He didn't know how to "manage" a company, but he did know about the principal, of athletic competition and democracy: keeping score, having fun, playing fair, providing choice, and having a voice. With these principles he created his own style of management - open-book management. The key is to let everyone in on financial decisions. At SRC, everyone learns how to read a P&L - even those without a high school education know how much the toilet paper they use cuts into profits. SRC people have a piece of the action and a vote in company matters. Imagine having a vote on your bonus and on what businesses the company should be in. SRC restored the dignity of economic freedom to its people. Stack's "open-book management" is the key - a system which, as he describes it here, is literally a game, and one so simple anyone can use it. The Great Game of Business started a business revolution by introducing the world to open-book management, a new way of running a business that created unprecedented profit and employee engagement. The revised and updated edition of The Great Game of Business lays out an entirely different way of running a company. It wasn't dreamed up in an executive think tank or an Ivy League business school or around the conference table by big-time consultants. It was forged on the factory floors of the heartland by ordinary folks hoping to figure out how to save their jobs. What Stack and his people created was a revolutionary approach to management that has proven itself in every industry around the world for the past 30 years - an approach that is perhaps the last, best hope for reviving the American Dream. Read more Asin : B00U7Z1S0Y
1) Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life Without Losing Its Soul (Unabridged)
Howard Schultz, Joanne Gordon
12 hours 39 minutes .
2) I Have a Dream: The Inspiring Story of 20 Social Entrepreneurs Who Found New Ways to Solve Old Problems (Unabridged)
Ms. Rashmi Bansal
11 hours 11 minutes .
3) Memos to the President: Management Advice from the Nations Top CEOs (bkwile000024)
James J. Schiro, editor
2 hours 50 minutes .
4) Death to All Sacred Cows: How Successful Businesses Put the Old Rules Out to Pasture (Unabridged)
Beau Fraser, David Bernstein, Bill Schwab
4 hours 10 minutes .
5) Confidence: How Winning Streaks and Losing Streaks Begin and End
Rosabeth Moss Kanter
6 hours 13 minutes .
6) Ideas are Free: How the Idea Revolution is Liberating People and Transforming Organizations (Unabridged)
Alan G. Robinson, Dean M. Schroeder
6 hours 8 minutes .
7) A Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business (Unabridged)
Jerry Wind, Colin Crook
8 hours 26 minutes .
8) The Corporate Lattice: Achieving High Performance in the Changing World of Work (Unabridged)
Cathleen Benko, Molly Anderson
5 hours 21 minutes .
9) The Idea Hunter: How to Find the Best Ideas and Make them Happen (Unabridged)
Andy Boynton, Bill Fischer, William Bole
4 hours 39 minutes .
10) Confronting Reality: Doing What Matters to Get Things Right (Unabridged)
Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
5 hours 51 minutes .
11) Primal Management: Unraveling Secrets of Human Nature (Unabridged)
8 hours 26 minutes .
12) 6 Habits of Highly Effective Bosses (Unabridged)
Stephen E. Kohn, Vincent D. O'Connell
4 hour 29 minutes
13) House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Then Tell You the Time (Unabridged)
8 hours 34 minutes .
14) So Whos Stopping You: The Success Series (Unabridged)
4 hour 30 minutes
15) Mission Impact: Breakthrough Strategies for Nonprofits (Unabridged)
Robert M. Sheehan
9 hours 4 minutes .
16) Pulse: The New Science and Technology of Harnessing Internet Buzz to Track Threats and Opportunities (Unabridged)
Douglas W. Hubbard
7 hours 27 minutes .
17) People Follow You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Leadership (Unabridged)
4 hours and 17 minutes .
18) Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, and Do Work That Matters (Unabridged)
6 hours and 3 minutes .
19) Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry (Unabridged)
David Robertson, Bill Breen
10 hours and 24 minutes .
20) Crucial Conversations...in 30 Minutes: The Expert Guide to Kerry Pattersons Critically Acclaimed Book (The 30 Minute Expert Series) (Unabridged)
The 30 Minute Expert Series
1 hour and 16 minutes .
21) On the Edge: The Art of High-Impact Leadership (Unabridged)
7 hours and 27 minutes .
22) How to Be a Million Pound Mum by Starting Your Own Internet Business: Million Pound Mum, Book 2 (Unabridged)
4 hours and 8 minutes .
23) Profit from the Positive: Proven Leadership Strategies to Boost Productivity and Transform Your Business (Unabridged)
Margaret Greenberg, Senia Maymin
4 hours and 44 minutes .
24) The Cleveland Clinic Way: Lessons in Excellence from One of the Worlds Leading Healthcare Organizations (Unabridged)
6 hours and 47 minutes .
25) The Next Gen Leader: Cutting Edge Strategies to Make You the Leader You Were Born to Be (Unabridged)
Robert C. McMillan
9 hour 9 minutes
Stephen C. Lundin, Harry Paul, John Christensen
2 hour 6 minutes
27) Taking the Stage: How Women Can Speak Up, Stand Out, and Succeed (Unabridged)
6 hours and 59 minutes .
28) Die besten Mitarbeiter finden und halten. Die ABC-Strategie nutzen
Jörg Knoblauch, Jürgen Kurz
6 hour 52 minutes
29) The Gen Z Effect: The Six Forces Shaping the Future of Business (Unabridged)
Tom Koulopoulous, Dan Keldsen
6 hours and 18 minutes .
30) Locked Down, Locked Out: Why Prison Doesnt Work and How We Can Do Better (Unabridged)
5 hours and 58 minutes .
Link : HTML :