FREE. AudioBook : Thats Not Funny, Thats Sick: The National Lampoon and the Comedy Insurgents Who Captured the Mainstream. Download
Author of this audiobook is Ellin Stein. Publisher is Blackstone Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Jim Meskimen. This was released on 19-JUN-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 15 hour 23 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The untold story behind a revolution in American comedy Labor Day, 1969: Two recent college graduates move to New York to edit a new magazine called the National Lampoon. Over the next decade, Henry Beard and Doug Kenney, along with a loose amalgamation of fellow satirists such as Michael O¿Donoghue and P. J. O¿Rourke, popularized a smart, caustic, ironic brand of humor that has become the dominant voice of American comedy. Ranging from sophisticated political satire to broad raunchy jokes, the National Lampoon introduced iconoclasm to the mainstream, selling millions of copies to an audience both large and devoted. Its excursions into live shows, records, and radio helped shape the anarchic earthiness of John Belushi, the suave slapstick of Chevy Chase, and the deadpan wit of Bill Murray and brought them together with other talents such as Harold Ramis, Christopher Guest, and Gilda Radner. A new generation of humorists emerged from the crucible of the Lampoon to help create Saturday Night Live and the influential film Animal House, among many other notable comedy landmarks. Journalist Ellin Stein, an observer of the scene since the early 1970s, draws on a wealth of revealing firsthand interviews with the architects and impresarios of this comedy explosion to offer crucial insight into a raucous cultural transformation that still echoes today. Brimming with insider stories and set against the roiling political and cultural landscape of the 1970s, That¿s Not Funny, That¿s Sick goes behind the jokes to witness the fights, the parties, the collaborations - and the competition - among this fraternity of the self-consciously disenchanted. Decades later, their brand of subversive humor that provokes, offends, and often illuminates is as relevant and necessary as ever. Read more Asin : B00DHH3YLU
1) The News from Lake Wobegon, 12-Month Subscription
15 minutes .
2) No Boundaries (pfalit000131)
1 hour 7 minutes .
3) Only the Truth is Funny
1 hour 14 minutes .
4) In the Family Way
1 hour 3 minutes
5) Youll Never Blue Ball in This Town Again: One Womans Painfully Funny Quest to Give It Up
3 hours 32 minutes .
6) If My Body Is a Temple, Then I Was a Megachurch: My Journey of Losing 132 Pounds with No Exercise (Unabridged)
Scott Davis, Tim Luke, Mark Lowry (foreword)
4 hours 45 minutes .
7) The Pythons: Autobiography by the Pythons
Bob McCabe, John Cleese, Michael Palin
2 hour 36 minutes
8) Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim (Unabridged)
6 hours 8 minutes .
9) Holidays on Ice
3 hours 10 minutes .
3 hours 4 minutes .
11) Barrel Fever and Other Stories
2 hours 59 minutes .
12) Dave Barry Does Japan (Unabridged)
4 hours 29 minutes .
14) The Goombas Book of Love
Steven R. Schirripa and Charles Fleming
2 hours 46 minutes .
15) Me Talk Pretty One Day
5 hours 51 minutes .
16) My Nest Isnt Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman (Unabridged)
Lisa Scottoline, Francesca Scottoline Serritella
4 hours 50 minutes .
17) I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
5 hours 46 minutes .
18) Youre Lucky Youre Funny: How Life Becomes a Sitcom (Unabridged)
6 hours 57 minutes .
19) When You Ride Alone You Ride with bin Laden (Unabridged)
20) Bossypants (Unabridged)
5 hour 35 minutes
21) The Good Samaritan Strikes Again (Unabridged)
5 hours 10 minutes .
22) Never Sniff a Gift Fish (Unabridged)
6 hours 24 minutes .
23) Im a Stranger Here Myself
5 hours 58 minutes .
24) Half Empty (Unabridged)
6 hours 49 minutes .
25) And Now Heres... (Unabridged)
Mike McColl Jones
5 hours 37 minutes .
26) All By My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me (Unabridged)
8 hour 44 minutes
27) On Holidays: How Not to Grow Up
28) The Original Goon
1 hour 46 minutes
29) Grumpy Old Men: The Secret Diary
2 hours 14 minutes .
30) Thanks for Nothing (Unabridged)
7 hour 47 minutes
31) Maggi Peirce - Live
32) Best Friends, Occasional Enemies: The Lighter Side of Life as a Mother and Daughter (Unabridged)
Lisa Scottoline, Francesca Scottoline Serritella
5 hour 34 minutes
33) Dear Mrs. Fitzsimmons (The Audiobook) (Unabridged)
6 hour 10 minutes
34) How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop (Unabridged)
4 hours 12 minutes .
35) White Girl Problems (Unabridged)
6 hours 21 minutes .
36) Fibber in the Heat: Following England in India - A Blaggers Tale (Unabridged)
8 hour 15 minutes
37) America, You Sexy Bitch: A Love Letter to Freedom (Unabridged)
Meghan McCain, Michael Ian Black
10 hours 49 minutes .
38) Red Diaper Baby: Three Comic Monologues (Unabridged)
4 hours 21 minutes .
39) Public Confessions of a Middle Aged Woman (Unabridged)
8 hour 2 minutes
40) Close Calls: The True Tales of Cougar Bob
B. J. Campbell
4 hours and 4 minutes .
41) Maybe Well Have You Back: The Life of a Perennial TV Guest Star (Unabridged)
8 hours and 3 minutes .
42) Dad Is Fat (Unabridged)
5 hours and 26 minutes .
43) Tiny Ladies in Shiny Pants: Based on a True Story (Unabridged)
7 hours and 1 minutes .
44) Wallflower at the Orgy (Unabridged)
6 hour 14 minutes
45) A Real Mans Guide to Divorce: First, You Bend Over and... (Unabridged)
Joe Perrone Jr.
1 hour and 19 minutes .
46) The Longest Date: Life as a Wife (Unabridged)
4 hour 15 minutes
47) Follow That Car!: A Cabbies Guide to Conquering Fears, Achieving Dreams, and Finding a Public Restroom (Unabridged)
6 hour 54 minutes
48) But Enough About You: Essays (Unabridged)
16 hours and 29 minutes .
49) Life of the Party: Stories of a Perpetual Man-Child (Unabridged)
5 hours and 35 minutes .
50) Your Mind Is a Funny Thing (Unabridged)
6 hours and 12 minutes .
Link : HTML :