FREE. AudioBook : The Freedom Writers Diary. Download
The Freedom Writers Diary (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is The Freedom Writers and Erin Gruwell. Publisher is Books on Tape. This audio book is Narrated by Various. This was released on 20-JAN-2006. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hours 31 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Straight from the front line of urban America comes the inspiring story of one fiercely determined teacher and her remarkable students. As an idealistic 23-year-old English teacher at Wilson High School in Long Beach, California, Erin Gruwell confronted a room of "unteachable, at-risk" students. One day she intercepted a note with an ugly racial caricature, and angrily declared that this was precisely the sort of thing that led to the Holocaust, only to be met by uncomprehending looks. So she and her students, using the treasured books Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl and Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Sarajevo as their guides, undertook a life-changing, eye-opening, spirit-raising odyssey against intolerance and misunderstanding. They learned to see the parallels in these books to their own lives, recording their thoughts and feelings in diaries and dubbing themselves the "Freedom Writers" in homage to the civil rights activists "The Freedom Riders." With funds raised by a Read-a-thon for Tolerance, they arranged for Miep Gies, the courageous Dutch woman who sheltered the Frank family, to visit them in California, where she declared that Erin Gruwell's students were "the real heroes". Their efforts have paid off spectacularly, both in terms of recognition (appearances on Prime Time Live and All Things Considered, coverage in People magazine, and a meeting with U.S. Secretary of Education Richard Riley) and educationally. All 150 Freedom Writers have graduated from high school and are now attending college. With powerful entries from the students' own diaries and a narrative text by Erin Gruwell, The Freedom Writers Diary is an uplifting, unforgettable example of how hard work, courage, and the spirit of determination changed the lives of a teacher and her students. Read more Keywords : How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them, racism, education, tolerance Asin : B002UZLDDG
1) Little Women (Dramatized)
Louisa May Alcott
1 hour 38 minutes .
2) The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter (Unabridged)
3 hours 25 minutes .
3) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
1 hour 37 minutes .
4) Amelia Bedelia Audio Collection (Unabridged)
1 hour 8 minutes .
5) For the Childrens Sake (Unabridged)
5 hours 7 minutes .
6) Goof-Proof Grammar: Speak and Write with Perfect Confidence
Margaret M. Bynum and Debra C. Giffen
49 minutes .
7) Number the Stars (Unabridged)
2 hours 47 minutes .
8) Stuart Little (Unabridged)
1 hour 55 minutes .
9) Berenstain Bears Stories (Unabridged)
Stan and Jan Berenstain
1 hour 20 minutes .
10) Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss (Unabridged)
52 minutes .
11) The Secret Garden (Unabridged) (bkpart000047)
Frances Hodgson Burnett
7 hour 45 minutes
12) Choosing a College: A Guide for Parents and Students (Unabridged)
6 hours 40 minutes .
13) Effective Writing for Business, College, and Life (Unabridged)
2 hours 44 minutes .
14) Charlottes Web (Unabridged)
3 hours 29 minutes .
15) How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
3 hour 18 minutes
16) Sarah, Plain and Tall Audio Collection (Unabridged)
4 hours 25 minutes .
17) 100 Promises to My Baby
2 hours 51 minutes .
18) Mother-Daughter Wisdom: Creating a Legacy of Physical and Emotional Health
Christiane Northrup, M.D.
6 hours 13 minutes .
19) The First Americans: Prehistory - 1600, A History of US, Book 1 (Unabridged)
5 hours 25 minutes .
20) Making Thirteen Colonies: A History of US, Book 2 (Unabridged)
4 hours 51 minutes .
21) Dont Know Much About American History (Unabridged)
Kenneth C. Davis
7 hours 5 minutes .
22) A Wrinkle in Time (Unabridged)
5 hours 37 minutes .
23) Island of the Blue Dolphins (Unabridged)
24) War, Terrible War: A History of US, Book 6 (Unabridged)
4 hours 30 minutes .
25) Reconstructing America: A History of US, Book 7 (Unabridged)
5 hours 51 minutes .
26) Liberty for All?: A History of US, Book 5 (Unabridged)
5 hours 45 minutes .
27) From Colonies to Country: A History of US, Book 3 (Unabridged)
6 hours 45 minutes .
28) A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Unabridged)
7 hours 18 minutes .
29) Have Space Suit, Will Travel (Unabridged)
Robert A. Heinlein
8 hour 3 minutes
30) The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals (Unabridged)
Stephanie Brill, Rachel Pepper
8 hour 1 minutes
Link : HTML :