AudioBook : Empire of the Summer Moon. Download
Author of this audiobook is S. C. Gwynne. Publisher is Tantor Audio. This audio book is Narrated by David Drummond. This was released on 10-MAY-2010. Duration of this Audio Book is 15 hours 4 minutes .. This is unabridged. Rating : 4.38/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American HistoryFew people realize that the Comanche Indians were the greatest warring tribe in American history. Their 40-year battle with settlers held up the development of the new nation. Empire of the Summer Moon tells of the rise and fall of this fierce, powerful, and proud tribe, and begins in 1836 with the kidnapping of a lovely nine-year-old girl with cornflower blue eyes named Cynthia Ann Parker. She grew to love her captors and eventually became famous as the "White Squaw." She married a powerful Comanche chief, and their son, Quanah, became a warrior who was never defeated and whose bravery and military brilliance in the Texas panhandle made him a legend as one of the greatest of the Plains Indian chiefs. In this vivid piece of writing, S. C. Gwynne describes in sometimes brutal detail the savagery of both whites and Comanches and, despite the distance of time, demonstrates how truly shocking these events were, juxtaposed against the haunting story of an unforgettable figure of a woman caught between two worlds. Read more Asin : B003L8URWE
1) All the Presidents Men (Unabridged)
Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
12 hour 55 minutes
2) Vietnam: A History (Unabridged)
27 hours 42 minutes .
3) Buried in the Bitter Waters: The Hidden History of Racial Cleansing in America (Unabridged)
10 hour 44 minutes
4) Amazing American Women - Volume 1: Inspirational Stories (Unabridged)
Charles Margerison, Frances Corcoran (general editor), Emma Braithwaite (editorial coordination)
54 minutes .
5) Behind the Lines: Powerful and Revealing American and Foreign War Letters and One Mans Search to Find Them
5 hour 41 minutes
6) Lee and Grant: Profiles in Leadership from the Battlefields of Virginia (Unabridged)
Major Charles R. Bowery
7 hours 11 minutes .
7) Fixing Hell: An Army Psychologist Confronts Abu Ghraib
Larry C. James
6 hours 47 minutes .
8) Man On The Moon (Unabridged)
9) The Serial Killer Compendium, Volume 1 (Unabridged)
10 hour 56 minutes
10) Custer (Unabridged)
2 hour 55 minutes
11) Chasing Icarus: The Seventeen Days in 1910 That Forever Changed American Aviation (Unabridged)
11 hours and 32 minutes .
12) Hurricane Katrina: The Mississippi Story (Unabridged)
James Patterson Smith
13 hours and 32 minutes .
13) Worst Seat in the House: Henry Rathbones Front Row View of the Lincoln Assassination (Unabridged)
Caleb Jenner Stephens
4 hours and 37 minutes .
14) Redeeming the Dream: The Case for Marriage Equality (Unabridged)
David Boies, Theodore B. Olson
12 hour 28 minutes
Link : HTML :