FREE. AudioBook : Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition. Download
Author of this audiobook is The Great Courses. Publisher is The Great Courses. This audio book is Narrated by Professor Richard Wolfson. This was released on 20-JUN-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 12 hour 20 minutes . This is original_staging.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : "It doesn't take an Einstein to understand modern physics," says Professor Wolfson at the outset of these twenty-four lectures on what may be the most important subjects in the universe: relativity and quantum physics. Both have reputations for complexity. But the basic ideas behind them are, in fact, simple and comprehensible by anyone. These dynamic and illuminating lectures begin with a brief overview of theories of physical reality starting with Aristotle and culminating in Newtonian or "classical" physics. After that, you'll follow along as Professor Wolfson outlines the logic that led to Einstein's profound theory of special relativity and the simple yet far-reaching insight on which it rests. With that insight in mind, you'll move on to consider Einstein's theory of general relativity and its interpretation of gravitation in terms of the curvature of space and time. From there, you'll embark on a dazzling exploration of how inquiry into matter at the atomic and subatomic scales led to quandaries that are resolved-or at least clarified-by quantum mechanics, a vision of physical reality so profound and so at odds with our experience that it nearly defies language. By bringing relativity and quantum mechanics into the same picture, you'll chart the development of fascinating hypotheses about the origin, development, and possible futures of the entire universe, as well as the possibility that physics can produce a "theory of everything" to account for all aspects of the physical world. But the goal throughout these lectures remains the same: to present the key ideas of modern physics in a way that makes them clear to the interested layperson. Disclaimer: Please note that this recording may include references to supplemental texts or print references that are not essential to the program and not supplied with your purchase. Read more Asin : B00D8J46DW
1) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
2) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
3) The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
13 hours 49 minutes .
4) The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations behind the 2012 Prophecies (Unabridged)
19 hours 26 minutes .
5) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
6) Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing Hoax (Unabridged)
9 hours 39 minutes .
7) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
8) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
9) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
10) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
11) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
12) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
13) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
14) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
15) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
16) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
17) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
18) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
19) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
20) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
21) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
22) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
23) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
24) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
25) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
26) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
28) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
29) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
30) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
31) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
32) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
33) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
34) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
35) Einsteins Cosmos: How Albert Einsteins Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time: Great Discoveries (Unabridged)
6 hours and 30 minutes .
36) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
37) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
38) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
39) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
40) Kak ustroena Vselennaja: [All that you want to know about the Universe] (Unabridged)
1 hour and 16 minutes .
41) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
42) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
43) Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Donald Goldsmith
8 hours and 39 minutes .
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
46) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
47) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
48) Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed (Unabridged)
5 hours and 2 minutes .
49) Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
50) The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission (Unabridged)
7 hours and 44 minutes .
Link : HTML :