FREE. AudioBook : Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond. Download
Author of this audiobook is Paul Halpern. Publisher is Audible, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Matthew Dudley. This was released on 16-MAY-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hour 19 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : An accessible look at the mysteries that lurk at the edge of the known universe and beyond. The observable universe, the part we can see with telescopes, is incredibly vast. Yet recent theories suggest that there is far more to the universe than what our instruments record - in fact, it could be infinite. Colossal flows of galaxies, large empty regions called voids, and other unexplained phenomena offer clues that our own "bubble universe" could be part of a greater realm called the multiverse. How big is the observable universe? What it is made of? What lies beyond it? Was there a time before the Big Bang? Could space have unseen dimensions? In this book, physicist and science writer Paul Halpern explains what we know - and what we hope to soon find out - about our extraordinary cosmos. The book: Explains what we know about the Big Bang, the accelerating universe, dark energy, dark flow, and dark matter to examine some of the theories about the content of the universe and why its edge is getting farther away from us faster Explores the idea that the observable universe could be a hologram and that everything that happens within it might be written on its edge The author is a physicist and popular science writer whose other books include Collider: The Search for the World's Smallest Particles and What's Science Ever Done for Us: What the Simpsons Can Teach Us About Physics, Robots, Life, and the Universe. Read more Asin : B00CSX54EY
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
4) The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
13 hours 49 minutes .
5) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
6) Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing Hoax (Unabridged)
9 hours 39 minutes .
7) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
8) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
9) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
10) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
11) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
12) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
13) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
14) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
15) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
16) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
17) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
18) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
19) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
20) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
21) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
22) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
23) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
24) Journey of the Universe (Unabridged)
Brian Thomas Swimme, Mary Evelyn Tucker
2 hours 48 minutes .
25) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
26) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
27) The Logic of Microspace: Technology and Management of Minimum-Cost Space Missions (Unabridged)
21 hours 6 minutes .
28) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
29) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
30) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
32) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
33) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
34) Einsteins Cosmos: How Albert Einsteins Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time: Great Discoveries (Unabridged)
6 hours and 30 minutes .
35) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
36) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
37) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
38) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
39) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
40) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
41) Kak ustroena Vselennaja: [All that you want to know about the Universe] (Unabridged)
1 hour and 16 minutes .
42) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
43) Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Donald Goldsmith
8 hours and 39 minutes .
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know about the All-There-Is (Unabridged)
1 hour 29 minutes
46) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
47) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
48) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
Link : HTML :