AudioBook : David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants. Download
Author of this audiobook is Malcolm Gladwell. Publisher is Hachette Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Malcolm Gladwell. This was released on 27-AUG-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 7 hour 0 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Malcolm Gladwell, the number-one best-selling author of The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers, and What the Dog Saw, offers his most provocative - and dazzling - book yet. Three thousand years ago, on a battlefield in ancient Palestine, a shepherd boy felled a mighty warrior with nothing more than a stone and a sling, and ever since then the names of David and Goliath have stood for battles between underdogs and giants. David's victory was improbable and miraculous. He shouldn't have won. Or should he have? In David and Goliath, Malcolm Gladwell challenges how we think about obstacles and disadvantages, offering a new interpretation of what it means to be discriminated against, or cope with a disability, or lose a parent, or attend a mediocre school, or suffer from any number of other apparent setbacks. Gladwell begins with the real story of what happened between the giant and the shepherd boy those many years ago. From there, David and Goliath examines Northern Ireland's Troubles, the minds of cancer researchers and civil rights leaders, murder and the high costs of revenge, and the dynamics of successful and unsuccessful classrooms - all to demonstrate how much of what is beautiful and important in the world arises from what looks like suffering and adversity. In the tradition of Gladwell's previous best sellers, David and Goliath draws upon history, psychology, and powerful storytelling to reshape the way we think about the world around us. Read more Asin : B00EKQO0AG
1) The Mirror Effect (Unabridged)
Dr. Drew Pinsky, Dr. S. Mark Young
7 hours 29 minutes .
2) Imagine: How Creativity Works (Unabridged)
8 hours 2 minutes .
3) Changing My Mind: A Memoir (Unabridged)
11 hours 4 minutes .
4) Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital (Unabridged)
13 hours 14 minutes .
5) Your Mental Health Questions Answered (Unabridged)
J. Lucy Boyd
2 hours 30 minutes .
7) Marriage On The Rocks: Learning to Live with Yourself and an Alcoholic (Unabridged)
Janet Geringer Woititz
4 hours and 34 minutes .
8) Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the Fuel and Fire of Thinking (Unabridged)
Douglas Hofstadter, Emmanuel Sander
33 hour 52 minutes
9) Visualisering for brn: Afspnding og redskaber til hndtering og lindring af sygdom, smerter og ubehag - 2 effektive velser (Unabridged)
Dr. Bobby Zachariae
1 hour and 3 minutes .
11) The Bible Cure for Anxiety: Ancient Answers for Stress Management and Anxiety Relief (Unabridged)
46 minutes .
12) Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five (Unabridged)
9 hours and 26 minutes .
13) Go Wild: Free Your Body and Mind from the Afflictions of Civilization (Unabridged)
John J. Ratey, Richard Manning, David Perlmutter (foreword)
9 hours and 12 minutes .
15) Studies in Forensic Psychiatry: The Complete Work Plus an Overview, Summary, Analysis and Author Biography (Unabridged)
Bernard Glueck, Israel Bouseman
9 hours and 33 minutes .
Link : HTML :