FREE. AudioBook : The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter. Download
Author of this audiobook is Katherine Freese. Publisher is Audible Studios. This audio book is Narrated by Tamara Marston. This was released on 03-JUN-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hour 29 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The ordinary atoms that make up the known universe - from our bodies and the air we breathe to the planets and stars - constitute only 5 percent of all matter and energy in the cosmos. The rest is known as dark matter and dark energy, because their precise identities are unknown. The Cosmic Cocktail is the inside story of the epic quest to solve one of the most compelling enigmas of modern science - what is the universe made of? - told by one of today¿s foremost pioneers in the study of dark matter. Blending cutting-edge science with her own behind-the-scenes insights as a leading researcher in the field, acclaimed theoretical physicist Katherine Freese recounts the hunt for dark matter, from the discoveries of visionary scientists like Fritz Zwicky - the Swiss astronomer who coined the term ¿dark matter¿ in 1933 - to the deluge of data today from underground laboratories, satellites in space, and the Large Hadron Collider. Theorists contend that dark matter consists of fundamental particles known as WIMPs, or weakly interacting massive particles. Billions of them pass through our bodies every second without us even realizing it, yet their gravitational pull is capable of whirling stars and gas at breakneck speeds around the centers of galaxies, and bending light from distant bright objects. Freese describes the larger-than-life characters and clashing personalities behind the race to identify these elusive particles. Many cosmologists believe we are on the verge of solving the mystery. The Cosmic Cocktail provides the foundation needed to fully fathom this epochal moment in humankind¿s quest to understand the universe. Read more Asin : B00KPYKQJG
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (Unabridged)
10 hours 6 minutes .
3) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
4) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
5) Science Matters: Achieving Science Literacy (Unabridged)
James Trefil, Robert M. Hazen
11 hours 20 minutes .
6) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
7) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
8) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
9) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
10) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
11) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
12) How the Universe Got Its Spots: Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space (Unabridged)
7 hours 22 minutes .
13) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
14) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
15) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
16) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
17) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
18) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
19) How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (Unabridged)
7 hours 48 minutes .
20) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
21) Journey of the Universe (Unabridged)
Brian Thomas Swimme, Mary Evelyn Tucker
2 hours 48 minutes .
22) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
23) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
24) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
25) Trailblazing Mars: NASAs Next Giant Leap (Unabridged)
7 hours 23 minutes .
26) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
27) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
28) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
29) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
31) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
32) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
33) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
34) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
35) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
36) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
37) Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond (Unabridged)
9 hour 19 minutes
38) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
39) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
40) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
41) Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe (Unabridged)
8 hours and 51 minutes .
42) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
43) Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Donald Goldsmith
8 hours and 39 minutes .
44) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
45) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
46) Mars Rover Curiosity: An Inside Account from Curiositys Chief Engineer (Unabridged)
Rob Manning, William L. Simon
7 hours and 43 minutes .
47) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
48) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
Link : HTML :