FREE. AudioBook : The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities. Download
Author of this audiobook is Caleb Scharf. Publisher is Macmillan Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Caleb Scharf. This was released on 05-SEP-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hour 2 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : A Publishers Weekly Top-10 Science Book of Fall 2014. In the 16th century, Nicolaus Copernicus dared to go against the establishment by proposing that Earth rotates around the Sun. Having demoted Earth from its unique position in the cosmos to one of mediocrity, Copernicus set in motion a revolution in scientific thought. This perspective has influenced our thinking for centuries. However, recent evidence challenges the Copernican Principle, hinting that we do in fact live in a special place, at a special time, as the product of a chain of unlikely events. But can we be significant if the Sun is still just one of a billion trillion stars in the observable universe? And what if our universe is just one of a multitude of others - a single slice of an infinity of parallel realities? In The Copernicus Complex, the renowned astrophysicist Caleb Scharf takes us on a scientific adventure, from tiny microbes within the Earth to distant exoplanets, probability theory, and beyond, arguing that there is a solution to this contradiction, a third way of viewing our place in the cosmos, if we weigh the evidence properly. As Scharf explains, we do occupy an unusual time in a 14-billion-year-old universe, in a somewhat unusual type of solar system surrounded by an ocean of unimaginable planetary diversity: hot Jupiters with orbits of less than a day, planet-size rocks spinning around dead stars, and a wealth of alien super-Earths. Yet life here is built from the most common chemistry in the universe, and we are a snapshot taken from billions of years of biological evolution. Read more Asin : B00NB22LNS
1) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
2) Seeing in the Dark: How Backyard Stargazers Are Guarding Earth from Interplanetary Peril (Unabridged)
11 hours 34 minutes .
3) Science Matters: Achieving Science Literacy (Unabridged)
James Trefil, Robert M. Hazen
11 hours 20 minutes .
4) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
5) Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing Hoax (Unabridged)
9 hours 39 minutes .
6) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
7) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
8) Life Beyond Earth
1 hour 6 minutes .
9) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
10) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
11) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
12) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
13) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
14) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
15) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
16) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
17) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
18) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
19) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
20) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
21) Cosmic Quest (Unabridged)
6 hours 47 minutes .
22) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
23) Journey of the Universe (Unabridged)
Brian Thomas Swimme, Mary Evelyn Tucker
2 hours 48 minutes .
24) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
25) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
26) Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens (Unabridged)
8 hours 12 minutes .
27) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
28) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
29) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
30) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
31) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
33) A Users Guide to the Universe: Surviving the Perils of Black Holes, Time Paradoxes, and Quantum Uncertainty (Unabridged)
Dave Goldberg, Jeff Blomquist
9 hour 54 minutes
34) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
35) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
36) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
37) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
38) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
39) Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond (Unabridged)
9 hour 19 minutes
40) Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
12 hour 20 minutes
41) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
42) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
43) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
44) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
45) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
46) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
47) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
48) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
Link : HTML :