FREE. AudioBook : How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe. Download
Author of this audiobook is Chris Impey. Publisher is Audible, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Andy Caploe. This was released on 20-MAY-13. Duration of this Audio Book is 13 hour 4 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : "Impey combines the vision of a practicing scientist with the voice of a gifted storyteller."Dava Sobel In this vibrant, eye-opening tour of milestones in the history of our universe, Chris Impey guides us through space and time, leading us from the familiar sights of the night sky to the dazzlingly strange aftermath of the Big Bang. What if we could look into space and see not only our place in the universe but also how we came to be here? As it happens, we can. Because it takes time for light to travel, we see more and more distant regions of the universe as they were in the successively greater past. Impey uses this concept"look-back time"to take us on an intergalactic tour that is simultaneously out in space and back in time. Performing a type of cosmic archaeology, Impey brilliantly describes the astronomical clues that scientists have used to solve fascinating mysteries about the origins and development of our universe. The milestones on this journey range from the nearby to the remote: we travel from the Moon, Jupiter, and the black hole at the heart of our galaxy all the way to the first star, the first ray of light, and even the strange, roiling conditions of the infant universe, an intense and volatile environment in which matter was created from pure energy. Impey gives us breathtaking visual descriptions and also explains what each landmark can reveal about the universe and its history. His lucid, wonderfully engaging scientific discussions bring us to the brink of modern cosmology and physics, illuminating such mind-bending concepts as invisible dimensions, timelessness, and multiple universes. A dynamic and unforgettable portrait of the cosmos, How It Began will reward its listeners with a deeper understanding of the universe we inhabit as well as a renewed sense of wonder at its beauty and mystery. Read more Asin : B00CWG640U
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 9 minutes .
3) Once Before Time: A Whole Story of the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 23 minutes .
4) The Day We Found the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 35 minutes .
5) Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Unabridged)
10 hours 22 minutes .
6) The Secret Life of Dust: From the Cosmos to the Kitchen Counter, the Consequences of Little Things (Unabridged)
11 hour 22 minutes
7) Nasa Voyager Space Sounds (Complete) (Unabridged)
5 hour 13 minutes
8) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
9) The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (Unabridged)
5 hours 22 minutes .
10) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
11) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
12) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
13) Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
4 hours 32 minutes .
14) Galileos New Universe: The Revolution in Our Understanding of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
Stephen P. Maran, Laurence A. Marschall
6 hours 35 minutes .
15) The Big Bang Theory: What It Is, Where It Came From, and Why It Works (Unabridged)
Karen C. Fox
5 hour 30 minutes
16) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
17) Horizons of Cosmology: Exploring Worlds Seen and Unseen (Unabridged)
7 hours 5 minutes .
18) Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe (Unabridged)
7 hours 27 minutes .
19) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
20) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
21) Patrick Moores Astronomy (Unabridged)
2 hour 36 minutes
22) Cosmic Quest (Unabridged)
6 hours 47 minutes .
23) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
24) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
25) Life in the Universe: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 13 minutes .
26) Trailblazing Mars: NASAs Next Giant Leap (Unabridged)
7 hours 23 minutes .
27) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
28) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery (Unabridged)
12 hours 56 minutes .
29) Gravitys Engines: How Bubble-Blowing Black Holes Rule Galaxies, Stars, and Life in the Cosmos (Unabridged)
7 hours 56 minutes .
30) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
31) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
32) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
33) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
34) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
35) Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (Unabridged)
4 hour 49 minutes
36) The Modern Scholar: Lore of the Stars: The Mythological Narrative of the Night Sky
Professor Timothy B. Shutt
4 hours and 19 minutes .
37) Einsteins Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
The Great Courses
12 hour 20 minutes
38) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
39) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
40) The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew (Unabridged)
3 hours and 51 minutes .
41) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
42) The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light (Unabridged)
10 hours and 16 minutes .
43) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
44) Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Donald Goldsmith
8 hours and 39 minutes .
45) The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter (Unabridged)
9 hour 29 minutes
46) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
47) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
48) Curiosidades (Unabridged)
25 minutes .
49) El espacio (Unabridged)
1 hour and 12 minutes .
50) Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed (Unabridged)
5 hours and 2 minutes .
Link : HTML :