FREE. AudioBook : Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory. Download
Author of this audiobook is Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller. Publisher is Random House Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Joe Ochman, Rob Shapiro. This was released on 01-OCT-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 9 hour 34 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : Witty and thought provoking, two Vatican astronomers shed provocative light on some of the strange places where religion and science meet. "Imagine if a Martian showed up, all big ears and big nose like a child¿s drawing, and he asked to be baptized. How would you react?" - Pope Francis, May 2014. Pope Francis posed that question - without insisting on an answer! - to provoke deeper reflection about inclusiveness and diversity in the Church. But it's not the first time that question has been asked. Brother Guy Consolmagno and Father Paul Mueller hear questions like that all the time. They¿re scientists at the Vatican Observatory, the official astronomical research institute of the Catholic Church. In Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial? they explore a variety of questions at the crossroads of faith and reason: How do you reconcile the The Big Bang with Genesis? Was the Star of Bethlehem just a pious religious story or an actual description of astronomical events? What really went down between Galileo and the Catholic Church - and why do the effects of that confrontation still reverberate to this day? Will the Universe come to an end? And - could you really baptize an extraterrestrial? With disarming humor, Brother Guy and Father Paul explore these questions and more over the course of six days of dialogue. Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial will make you laugh, make you think, and make you reflect more deeply on science, faith, and the nature of the universe. Read more Asin : B00O2GBKSE
1) Tell it Slant: A Conversation on the Language of Jesus in His Stories and Prayers (Unabridged)
9 hour 59 minutes
2) On the New Testament (A Book Youll Actually Listen To) (Unabridged)
1 hour 42 minutes
3) The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life (Unabridged)
1 hour 59 minutes .
4) Prayer Matrix: Plugging into the Unseen Reality (Unabridged)
1 hour 42 minutes
5) Seven: The Deadly Sins and the Beatitudes (Unabridged)
5 hours 27 minutes .
6) Zeal for His House: Desiring the Way of Christ in How Christians Gather Today
Jon K. Slusser
2 hours 27 minutes .
7) Crazy Faith
Dr. Dan Correa
1 hour 38 minutes .
8) Great Emergence: How Christianity is Changing and Why (Unabridged)
5 hour 12 minutes
9) The Way I Was Made: Words and Music for an Unusual Life (Unabridged)
2 hours 56 minutes .
10) When Therapy Isnt Enough: How to Fill the Holes Counseling Doesnt Fill
2 hours 30 minutes .
11) Mother Teresa: In Her Own Words (Unabridged)
6 hour 41 minutes
12) Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence
3 hours 32 minutes .
13) The Light of the Son (Unabridged)
4 hours 38 minutes .
14) Great American Sermons (Unabridged)
Jonathan Edwards, Theodore Parker, Lucretia Mott, and more
3 hours 39 minutes .
15) Without a Word: How a Boys Unspoken Love Changed Everything (Unabridged)
6 hours 48 minutes .
16) A Prodigal Return: Reflections from a Grateful Heart
5 hours 55 minutes .
17) Winning in Troubled Times: Gods Solutions for Victory Over Lifes Toughest Challenges (Unabridged)
7 hours 34 minutes .
18) Escape the Flood of Wrath
7 hours 4 minutes .
19) Beginners Grace: Bringing Prayer to Life (Unabridged)
8 hours 51 minutes .
20) Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption (Unabridged)
Katie Davis, Beth Clark
8 hour 58 minutes
21) The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You (Unabridged)
Dr. Henry Cloud
22) The Art of Letting Go: Living the Wisdom of Saint Francis
5 hours 58 minutes .
23) Between Heaven and Mirth: Why Joy, Humor, and Laughter Are at the Heart of the Spiritual Life (Unabridged)
7 hours 49 minutes .
24) The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living (Unabridged)
Greg Willits, Jennifer Willits
4 hours 23 minutes .
25) Aquinas: Bolinda Beginner Guides (Unabridged)
7 hours 35 minutes .
26) Redemption: A Rebellious Spirit, a Praying Mother, and the Unlikely Path to Olympic Gold (Unabridged)
Bryan Clay, Joel Kilpatrick
7 hours 54 minutes .
27) Love Isnt Supposed to Hurt (Unabridged)
6 hours 59 minutes .
28) The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Unabridged)
Stephen G. Post
5 hours 36 minutes .
29) I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life (Unabridged)
2 hours 6 minutes .
31) Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual Intimacy (Unabridged)
Dr. Kevin Leman
4 hours and 52 minutes .
32) And the Angels Were Silent: The Final Week of Jesus (Unabridged)
5 hours and 47 minutes .
33) Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems (Christian Heroes: Then and Now) (Unabridged)
Janet Benge, Geoff Benge
5 hours and 2 minutes .
34) The Mud and the Masterpiece: Seeing Yourself and Others through the Eyes of Jesus (Unabridged)
9 hours and 26 minutes .
35) In Pursuit of the Almightys Dollar: A History of Money and American Protestantism (Unabridged)
12 hour 4 minutes
36) Science and Health, with Key to the Scriptures (Unabridged)
Mary Baker Eddy
28 hour 33 minutes
37) The Bible Cure for Anxiety: Ancient Answers for Stress Management and Anxiety Relief (Unabridged)
46 minutes .
38) Two Book Reviews: First Is Rule of St. Benedict by Kardong Reviewed by Peter Menkin (Unabridged)
13 minutes .
39) 100 Prayer Points (Unabridged)
29 minutes .
40) The Revelation to John - translated (Unabridged)
World English Bible WEB, Michael Johnson (translator)
1 hour and 18 minutes .
41) There Are Millions of Churches: Why Is the World Going to Hell? (Unabridged)
1 hour and 29 minutes .
42) The Gospel of Mark
Mr. Timothy Carmody
9 hours and 24 minutes .
43) Born to Lose, But Bound to Win: An Inspirational Victory over Poverty and Bitterness! (Unabridged)
2 hours and 8 minutes .
44) You are the Hope of the World (Unabridged)
55 minutes .
45) A Godly Shaking: Dont Create Waves (Unabridged)
22 minutes .
46) The Abode of Love: Developing the Heart
M.A. Suzanne Baars
8 hours and 3 minutes .
47) Becoming Worldly Saints: Can You Serve Jesus and Still Enjoy Your Life? (Unabridged)
5 hour 1 minutes
48) Catholics, Wake Up!: Be a Spiritual Warrior (Unabridged)
4 hours and 28 minutes .
49) Becoming a Super Hero: A Pocket Guide to a Life like David (Unabridged)
1 hour and 51 minutes .
50) Christian Living: 2 Books with Bonus Content (Unabridged)
2 hours and 4 minutes .
Link : HTML :