FREE. AudioBook : The All-American Boys. Download
BooksMP3.com » Bios and Memoirs « Science and Technology Leaders « The All-American Boys (Unabridged)The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Walter Cunningham. Publisher is Open Book Audio. This audio book is Narrated by Walter Cunningham. This was released on 24-SEP-12. Duration of this Audio Book is 21 hour 50 minutes . This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : The All-American Boys is a no-holds-barred candid memoir by a former Marine jet jockey and physicist who became NASA's second civilian astronaut. Walter Cunningham presents the astronauts in all their strengths and their weaknesses in this dramatically revised and totally updated edition of a book that was considered an instant classic in its first edition over two decades ago. From its insider's view of the pervasive "astropolitics" that guided the functioning of the astronaut corps to its thoughtful discussion of the Columbia tragedy, The All-American Boys resonates with Cunningham's passion for humanity's destiny in space which endures today.This is not just a "tell-all" book. It is also a story of the triumph of American heroes. Cunningham brings us into the NASA training program and reveals what it takes physically and mentally to be an astronaut. He poignantly relates the story of the devastating Apollo 1 fire that took the lives of astronauts Grissom, White, and Chaffee and his own later successful flight on Apollo 7--the longest, most ambitious, and most successful first test flight any new machine - ever.This new edition includes an update of the manned space program and his "tell it like it is" observation of NASA's successes and failures. It also includes commentary on the Shuttle disasters Of Challenger and Columbia and his views on what NASA should be doing to get back on track and to regain public support. Read more Asin : B009E7R9UO
1) iWoz: How I Invented the Personal Computer and Had Fun Along the Way (Unabridged)
Steve Wozniak and Gina Smith
9 hours 12 minutes .
2) Newton and the Counterfeiter: The Unknown Detective Career of the Worlds Greatest Scientist (Unabridged)
9 hours 32 minutes .
3) A Beautiful Mind (Unabridged)
18 hours 8 minutes .
4) Co-Leaders: The Power of Great Partnerships (Unabridged)
David A. Heenan and Warren Bennis
10 hours 44 minutes .
5) Amazing Doctors - Volume 1: Inspirational Stories (Unabridged)
28 minutes .
6) The New Wizard of the West (Unabridged)
Chauncy Montgomery M'Govern
7) Albert Einstein: Biografia (Unabridged)
Jose Miguel Amozurrutia
44 minutes .
8) Alexander Graham Bell (Unabridged)
The Bell Telephone Company of Canada
9) iCon Steve Jobs: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business
Jeffrey S. Young and William L. Simon
3 hour 35 minutes
10) In the Shadow of Fame: A Memoir by the Daughter of Erik H. Erikson (Unabridged)
Sue Erikson Bloland
6 hours 7 minutes .
11) Travels of a Thermodynamicist (Unabridged)
4 hours 48 minutes .
12) Jung: A Very Short Introduction
3 hours 52 minutes .
13) King of Hearts: The True Story of the Maverick Who Pioneered Open Heart Surgery (Unabridged)
G. Wayne Miller
7 hours 33 minutes .
14) A License to Steal (Unabridged)
Walter T. Shaw, Mary Jane Robinson
7 hours 3 minutes .
15) ENIAC: The Triumphs and Tragedies of the Worlds First Computer (Unabridged)
6 hours 17 minutes .
16) Darwins Origin of Species: A Biography: Books That Changed the World (Unabridged)
4 hours 23 minutes .
17) Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story (Unabridged)
Ben Carson, M.D., Cecil Murphey
6 hours 54 minutes .
18) My Inventions: The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla (Unabridged)
3 hours 13 minutes .
19) Time Traveler: A Scientists Personal Mission to Make Time Travel a Reality (Unabridged)
Ronald L. Mallett, Bruce Henderson
6 hours 59 minutes .
20) The Reluctant Mr. Darwin: Charles Darwin and the Making of His Theory of Evolution (Unabridged)
7 hours 46 minutes .
21) Schirras Space (Unabridged)
Wally Schirra with Richard N. Billings
22) Einstein: His Life and Universe
7 hours 23 minutes .
23) Louis Pasteur (Unabridged)
4 hour 57 minutes
24) The Triumph of an Idea: The Story of Henry Ford (Unabridged)
Ralph H. Graves
5 hours 33 minutes .
25) The Best Business Stories of the Year, 2001 Edition (Unabridged)
Ken Auletta, Diane Brady, and more, and edited by Andrew Lackey and Marshall Loeb
17 hours 20 minutes .
26) Man with Wings: The Story of Leonardo da Vinci (Unabridged)
7 hour 21 minutes
27) Stephen Hawking: His Life and Work (Unabridged)
12 hours 59 minutes .
28) Albert Einstein, Creator and Rebel (Unabridged)
Banesh Hoffmann, Helen Dukas
7 hour 50 minutes
29) Dewey: Bolinda Beginner Guides
7 hours 49 minutes .
30) On a Farther Shore: The Life and Legacy of Rachel Carson (Unabridged)
15 hours 19 minutes .
31) The Logician and the Engineer (Unabridged)
Paul J. Nahin
8 hours 44 minutes .
32) Amazing People of Italy - Volume 1: Inspirational Stories (Unabridged)
33) Amazing People of Australia - Volume 1: Inspirational Stories (Unabridged)
1 hour and 8 minutes .
34) Amazing People of Germany - Volume 1: Inspirational Stories (Unabridged)
45 minutes .
35) My Inventions: The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla (Unabridged)
2 hours and 34 minutes .
36) Robert Oppenheimer: A Life Inside the Center (Unabridged)
35 hour 17 minutes
37) Freud, Jung, Adler, Calkins, James (Unabridged)
Steven G. Carley
23 minutes .
38) Second Suns: Two Doctors and Their Amazing Quest to Restore Sight and Save Lives (Unabridged)
David Oliver Relin
15 hours and 21 minutes .
39) Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America With Einsteins Brain (Unabridged)
7 hour 46 minutes
40) Science Wars: What Scientists Know and How They Know It
The Great Courses
12 hour 23 minutes
41) No Limits Beyond a Genius: Screenplay Edition, 2013 (Unabridged)
2 hours and 5 minutes .
42) Anatomy of a Scientific Discovery: The Race to Find the Bodys Own Morphine (Unabridged)
7 hours and 8 minutes .
43) An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist (Unabridged)
7 hours and 56 minutes .
44) Frontier Naturalist: Jean Louis Berlandier and the Exploration of Northern Mexico and Texas (Unabridged)
Russell M. Lawson
10 hours and 35 minutes .
45) A Short Bright Flash: Augustin Fresnel and the Birth of the Modern Lighthouse (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
46) Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus Notch Persson and the Game that Changed Everything (Unabridged)
Linus Larsson, Daniel Goldberg, Jennifer Hawkins (translator)
5 hour 7 minutes
47) Cataloging the World: Paul Otlet and the Birth of the Information Age (Unabridged)
8 hours and 47 minutes .
48) Marie Curie [Spanish Edition]: Biografa de la dama de la ciencia [Biography of the Dame of Science] (Unabridged)
Online Studio Productions
42 minutes .
49) Alan Turing: Unlocking The Enigma (Unabridged)
2 hours and 3 minutes .
50) Nicols Maquiavelo [Spanish Edition]: El fin justifica los medios [The End Justifies the Means] (Unabridged)
Online Studio Productions
Link : HTML :