AudioBook : The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World. Download
The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Alan Greenspan. Publisher is Penguin Audiobooks. This audio book is Narrated by Robertson Dean. This was released on 14-SEP-2007. Duration of this Audio Book is 20 hours. This is unabridged. ISBN is 9780143142591. Rating : 4.04/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : This book is in part a detective story. After 9/11 I knew, if I needed further reinforcement, that we are living in a new world - the world of a global capitalist economy that is vastly more flexible, resilient, open, self-correcting, and fast-changing than it was even a quarter century earlier. It's a world that presents us with enormous new possibilities but also enormous new challenges. The Age of Turbulence is my attempt to understand the nature of this new world: how we got here, what we're living through, and what lies over the horizon, for good and for ill. Where possible, I convey my understanding in the context of my own experiences. I do this out of a sense of responsibility to the historical record, and so that listeners will know where I'm coming from. The book is therefore divided in halves: the first half is my effort to retrace the arc of my learning curve, and the second half is a more objective effort to use this as the foundation on which to erect a conceptual framework for understanding the new global economy. Along the way I explore critical elements of this emerging global environment: the principles governing it; the vast energy infrastructure that powers it; the global financial imbalances and dramatic shifts in world demographics that threaten it; and, despite its unquestioned success, the chronic concern over the justice of the distribution of its rewards. Finally, I bring together what we can reasonably conjecture about the makeup of the world economy in 2030."I don't pretend to know all the answers. But from my vantage point at the Federal Reserve, I had privileged access to the best that had been thought and said on a wide range of subjects. I have not been inhibited in reaching for some fairly sweeping hypotheses." -Alan Greenspan Read more Keywords : federal reserve, globalization Asin : B002V5D8VU
1) Power Hungry: The Myths of Green Energy and the Real Fuels of the Future (Unabridged)
10 hours 45 minutes .
2) The Chain Gang (Unabridged)
11 hours 41 minutes .
3) The Power of Positive Thinking in Business
Scott W. Ventrella
2 hours 30 minutes .
4) Little Book of Sideways Markets: How to Make Money in Markets that Go Nowhere (Unabridged)
5 hours 17 minutes .
5) Third World America: How Our Politicians Are Abandoning the Middle Class and Betraying the American Dream (Unabridged)
6 hours 51 minutes .
6) Zombie Economics: How Dead Ideas Still Walk Among Us (Unabridged)
8 hours 6 minutes .
7) Retirement Heist: How Companies Plunder and Profit from the Nest Eggs of American Workers (Unabridged)
Ellen E. Schultz
8 hours 59 minutes .
8) A Million a Minute: Inside the Mega-Money, High-Tech World of Traders (Unabridged)
9 hours 53 minutes .
9) Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis (Unabridged)
Ludwig von Mises
24 hours 7 minutes .
10) The Money Mentor: A Tale of Finding Financial Freedom (Unabridged)
6 hours and 45 minutes .
11) Understanding Global Trade (Unabridged)
5 hours and 46 minutes .
12) Bad Sports: How Owners Are Ruining the Games We Love (Unabridged)
7 hours and 55 minutes .
13) Real Dissent: A Libertarian Sets Fire to the Index Card of Allowable Opinion (Unabridged)
Thomas E. Woods Jr.
12 hours and 5 minutes .
14) A New Era in Banking: The Landscape After the Battle (Unabridged)
Angel Berges, Mauro F. Guillén, Juan Pedro Moreno, Emilio Ontiveros
5 hours and 11 minutes .
15) The Establishment: And How They Get Away With It (Unabridged)
14 hour 52 minutes
Link : HTML :