AudioBook : The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World. Download
Author of this audiobook is Alan Greenspan. Publisher is Penguin Audiobooks. This audio book is Narrated by Robertson Dean. This was released on 14-SEP-2007. Duration of this Audio Book is 20 hours. This is unabridged. ISBN is 9780143142591. Rating : 4.04/5 ;
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : This book is in part a detective story. After 9/11 I knew, if I needed further reinforcement, that we are living in a new world - the world of a global capitalist economy that is vastly more flexible, resilient, open, self-correcting, and fast-changing than it was even a quarter century earlier. It's a world that presents us with enormous new possibilities but also enormous new challenges. The Age of Turbulence is my attempt to understand the nature of this new world: how we got here, what we're living through, and what lies over the horizon, for good and for ill. Where possible, I convey my understanding in the context of my own experiences. I do this out of a sense of responsibility to the historical record, and so that listeners will know where I'm coming from. The book is therefore divided in halves: the first half is my effort to retrace the arc of my learning curve, and the second half is a more objective effort to use this as the foundation on which to erect a conceptual framework for understanding the new global economy. Along the way I explore critical elements of this emerging global environment: the principles governing it; the vast energy infrastructure that powers it; the global financial imbalances and dramatic shifts in world demographics that threaten it; and, despite its unquestioned success, the chronic concern over the justice of the distribution of its rewards. Finally, I bring together what we can reasonably conjecture about the makeup of the world economy in 2030."I don't pretend to know all the answers. But from my vantage point at the Federal Reserve, I had privileged access to the best that had been thought and said on a wide range of subjects. I have not been inhibited in reaching for some fairly sweeping hypotheses." -Alan Greenspan Read more Keywords : federal reserve, globalization Asin : B002V5D8VU
1) The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World
10 hours 47 minutes .
2) Take on the Street: What Wall Street and Corporate America Dont Want You to Know (Unabridged)
Arthur Levitt with Paula Dwyer
13 hours 2 minutes .
3) Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic (Unabridged)
11 hours 59 minutes .
4) Jack: Straight from the Gut (Unabridged)
Jack Welch with John A. Byrne
5) Early Austrian Economics (Unabridged)
2 hours 28 minutes .
6) Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits
Philip A. Fisher
7) The Elephant and the Dragon: The Rise of India and China, and What It Means for All of Us (Unabridged)
8 hours 42 minutes .
8) eBoys: The First Inside Account of Venture Capitalists at Work (Unabridged)
Randall E. Stross
11 hours 11 minutes .
9) Healthcare Beyond Reform: Doing It Right for Half the Cost (Unabridged)
10) The Payoff: Why Wall Street Always Wins (Unabridged)
7 hours and 15 minutes .
11) Understanding Global Trade (Unabridged)
5 hours and 46 minutes .
12) The Next America: Moving Beyond a Fragile Economy (Unabridged)
9 hours and 4 minutes .
13) Simpler: The Future of Government (Unabridged)
Cass R. Sunstein
10 hours and 9 minutes .
14) The Business Solution to Poverty: Designing Products and Services for Three Billion New Customers (Unabridged)
Paul Polak, Mal Warwick
7 hours and 18 minutes .
15) Bitcoin Explained Simply: An Easy Guide to the Basics That Anyone Can Understand (Unabridged)
1 hour and 33 minutes .
Link : HTML :