FREE. AudioBook : An Age of Extremes, 1880-1917, A History of US, Book 8. Download
An Age of Extremes, 1880-1917, A History of US, Book 8 (Unabridged)
Author of this audiobook is Joy Hakim. Publisher is Recorded Books. This audio book is Narrated by Christina Moore. This was released on 18-FEB-2005. Duration of this Audio Book is 6 hours 44 minutes .. This is unabridged. ISBN is 9781402524196.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : For the captains of industry ? men like Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, and Henry Ford ? the Gilded Age is a time of big money. Technology boomed with the invention of trains, telephones, electric lights, harvesters, vacuum cleaners, and more. But for millions of immigrant workers, it is a time of big struggles, with adults and children alike working 12 to 14 hours a day under extreme, dangerous conditions. The disparity between the rich and the poor was dismaying, which prompted some people to action. In An Age of Extremes, you?ll meet Mother Jones, Ida Tarbell, Big Bill Haywood, Sam Gompers, and other movers and shakers, and get swept up in the enthusiasm of Teddy Roosevelt. You?ll also watch the United States take its greatest role on the world stage since the Revolution, as it enters the bloody battlefields of Europe in World War I. Read more Keywords : A History of US, gilded age, industrial revolution WWI, teddy roosevelt Asin : B002V1O534
1) Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Doris Kearns Goodwin
9 hour 26 minutes
2) Lincolns Melancholy: How Depression Challenged a President and Fueled His Greatness (Unabridged)
Joshua Wolf Shenk
11 hours 45 minutes .
3) Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, Volume 1 (Unabridged)
Robert A. Caro
18 hours 41 minutes .
4) Stein on Writing: A Master Editor Shares His Craft, Techniques, and Strategies (Unabridged)
11 hours 16 minutes .
5) VangoNotes for Invitation to Psychology, 4/e
Carol Wade and Carol Tavris
6) VangoNotes for Psychology, 9/e
Carol Wade and Carol Tavris
7) VangoNotes for The Scott, Foresman Handbook for Writers, 9/e
John Ruszkiewicz, Christy Friend, Maxine E. Hairston, and Daniel E. Seward
8) VangoNotes for The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change: Volume 1
Henry M. Sayre
10 hour 56 minutes
9) VangoNotes for The Little, Brown Compact Handbook, 7/e
Jane E. Aaron
5 hours 36 minutes .
10) VangoNotes for Medical Terminology: A World Building Approach, 6/e
11) VangoNotes for The New Century Handbook, 5/e
Christine A. Hult and Thomas N. Huckin
13) VangoNotes for Prentice Hall Reviews and Rationales: Pathophysiology, 2/e
Mary Ann Hogan, Karen Hill, Marcia Bower, and more
7 hour 14 minutes
14) VangoNotes for The World: A Brief History, 1/e
10 hour 12 minutes
15) VangoNotes for America: Past and Present, 7/e, Brief
Robert A. Divine
10 hour 7 minutes
16) Scourge: The Once and Future Threat of Smallpox (Unabridged)
Jonathan B. Tucker
9 hours 33 minutes .
17) The Classic Fifty Poems
John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Christopher Marlowe
3 hour 3 minutes
18) The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Unabridged)
3 hours 7 minutes .
19) Mans Search for Meaning (Unabridged)
Viktor E. Frankl
4 hours 47 minutes .
20) The Art of Happiness
His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler, M.D.
3 hours 19 minutes .
21) Smoke (Unabridged) (bkblak001225)
6 hours 26 minutes .
22) Andrew Jackson (Unabridged)
Robert V. Remini
7 hours 30 minutes .
23) Men in Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America (Unabridged)
Mark R. Levin
24) Communism (Unabridged) [Modern Library Chronicles]
5 hours 46 minutes .
25) The Balkans (Unabridged) [Modern Library Chronicles]
6 hours 24 minutes .
26) The Age of Napoleon (Unabridged) [Modern Library Chronicles]
6 hours 3 minutes .
27) The Feynman Lectures on Physics: Volume 18, Feynman on Flow (Unabridged)
Richard P. Feynman
5 hours 59 minutes .
28) Nixon in Winter: His Final Revelations About Diplomacy, Watergate, and Life Out of the Arena (Unabridged)
19 hours 30 minutes .
29) Shakespeare: The Biography, The Onlie Begetter: Literary Stardom and Royal Patronage, Volume IV
3 hour 0 minutes
Link : HTML :