FREE. AudioBook : The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew. Download
Author of this audiobook is Alan Lightman. Publisher is Blackstone Audio, Inc.. This audio book is Narrated by Bronson Pinchot. This was released on 13-JAN-14. Duration of this Audio Book is 3 hours and 51 minutes .. This is unabridged.
More Details Download Audio Book Share on : Facebook Twitter Bookmark & Share
Summary : From the acclaimed author of Einstein's Dreams and Mr. g comes a meditation on the unexpected ways in which recent scientific findings have shaped our understanding of ourselves and our place in the cosmos. With all the passion, curiosity, and precise yet lyrical prose that have marked his previous books, Alan Lightman here explores the emotional and philosophical questions raised by discoveries in science, focusing most intently on the human condition and the needs of humankind. He looks at the difficult dialogue between science and religion, the conflict between our human desire for permanence and the impermanence of nature, the possibility that our universe is simply an accident, the manner in which modern technology has separated us from direct experience of the world, and our resistance to the view that our bodies and minds can be explained by scientific logic and laws. And behind all of these considerations is the suggestion - at once haunting and exhilarating - that what we see and understand of the world is only a tiny piece of the extraordinary, perhaps unfathomable whole. Read more Asin : B00HS43AQW
1) The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science (Unabridged)
13 hour 20 minutes
2) The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
13 hours 49 minutes .
3) How It Ends: From You to the Universe (Unabridged)
10 hours 28 minutes .
4) The Big Splat: Or How Our Moon Came to Be (Unabridged)
9 hours 47 minutes .
5) Secret Lives of Stars: Scientific American Special Edition
2 hours 14 minutes .
6) The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of Americas Favorite Planet (Unabridged)
Neil deGrasse Tyson
4 hours 24 minutes .
7) Origins of the Universe (Unabridged)
2 hours 38 minutes .
8) The Big Bang (Unabridged)
2 hour 40 minutes
9) Stephen Hawkings Universe (Unabridged)
3 hours 43 minutes .
10) Theories of the Universe
2 hours 50 minutes .
11) The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction (Unabridged)
3 hours 46 minutes .
12) Stephen W. Hawkings Life Works: The Cambridge Lectures
Stephen W. Hawking (Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University)
3 hours 55 minutes .
13) Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
4 hours 30 minutes .
14) Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe (Unabridged)
7 hours 27 minutes .
15) The Modern Scholar: Astronomy I: Earth, Sky and Planets (Unabridged)
Prof. James Kaler
7 hours 46 minutes .
16) The Magic of the Moon (Unabridged)
17) The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery (Unabridged)
Guillermo Gonzalez, Jay Richards
12 hours 23 minutes .
18) The Unobservable Universe: A Paradox-Free Framework for Understanding the Universe (Unabridged)
Scott M. Tyson
14 hours 14 minutes .
19) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
12 hours 40 minutes .
20) The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet (Unabridged)
Robert M. Hazen
9 hours 56 minutes .
21) Galileos Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love
5 hours 12 minutes .
22) Dont Know Much about the Universe: Everything You Need to Know about the Cosmos but Never Learned
Kenneth C. Davis
6 hours 4 minutes .
23) Its Not Rocket Science (Unabridged)
6 hour 26 minutes
24) All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge (Unabridged)
5 hours 48 minutes .
25) The All-American Boys (Unabridged)
21 hour 50 minutes
26) How Old Is the Universe? (Unabridged)
David A. Weintraub
10 hour 37 minutes
27) Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us (Unabridged)
Donald K. Yeomans
4 hours 21 minutes .
28) First Life: Discovering the Connections between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began (Unabridged)
13 hours and 57 minutes .
29) The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World (Unabridged)
10 hours and 45 minutes .
30) The Case of the Missing Moon Rocks (Unabridged)
1 hour and 5 minutes .
31) Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death (Unabridged)
Sam Parnia, Josh Young
12 hours and 25 minutes .
32) How It Began: A Time-Travelers Guide to the Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
33) The Modern Scholar: Lore of the Stars: The Mythological Narrative of the Night Sky
Professor Timothy B. Shutt
4 hours and 19 minutes .
34) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars (Unabridged)
9 hours and 42 minutes .
35) The Origin and Evolution of Earth: From the Big Bang to the Future of Human Existence
The Great Courses
25 hours and 15 minutes .
36) Astronomy for ESL Learners: Section 2 (Unabridged)
1 hour and 39 minutes .
37) Voyager: Exploring the Outer Planets (Unabridged)
Joan Marie Verba
1 hour and 6 minutes .
38) Strange New Worlds: The Search for Alien Planets and Life Beyond Our Solar System (Unabridged)
6 hours and 38 minutes .
39) Kak ustroena Vselennaja: [All that you want to know about the Universe] (Unabridged)
1 hour and 16 minutes .
40) Lucky Planet: Why Earth Is Exceptional - and What That Means for Life in the Universe (Unabridged)
8 hours and 51 minutes .
41) The Planets and the Solar System (Unabridged)
2 hours and 38 minutes .
42) The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries
The Great Courses, Neil deGrasse Tyson
3 hour 3 minutes
43) The Copernicus Complex: Our Cosmic Significance in a Universe of Planets and Probabilities (Unabridged)
9 hour 2 minutes
44) The Star of Bethlehem (Unabridged)
2 hours and 37 minutes .
45) The Universe: Leading Scientists Explore the Origin, Mysteries, and Future of the Cosmos (Unabridged)
12 hours and 46 minutes .
46) Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?: .... and Other Questions from the Astronomers In-box at the Vatican Observatory (Unabridged)
Guy Consolmagno, Paul Mueller
9 hour 34 minutes
47) Martian Summer: My Ninety Days with Interplanetary Pioneers, Tempermental Robots, and NASAs Phoenix Mars Mission (Unabridged)
11 hours and 23 minutes .
48) El silencio de Galileo [The Silence of Galileo] (Unabridged)
Luis López Nieves
11 hours and 34 minutes .
49) Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe (Unabridged)
13 hour 4 minutes
50) The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission (Unabridged)
7 hours and 44 minutes .
Link : HTML :